Cfx spfx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cfx spfx

Jus wondering what the difference is between a cfx and a spfx mask is please reply thanks

There have been a lot of threads started about this in the past, you just gotta search around.

Here is one: http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...highlight=spfx

Comment

yeah there's definitely a long history of this kind of thread , but here's a quick rundown of the current state of affairs:

SPFX - making silicone masks since roughly 2004 , had a lot of complaints of service and delays in getting product.
      The most detailed Human masks on the planet , and if you're willing to wait , that's what you'll get.
      Delays and service problems have been addressed in the last year or so. They've actually cut down on the
      number of different masks offered and are focusing on the direction of extreme realism. But also offer ready
      to go zombie masks on their website: www.spfxmasks.com

CFX - around since 2006 and quality and quantity of masks offered has increased exponentially over the last few
      years. Specializing more in monster/zombie masks , but entered the realism game in the last 2 years.
      CFX's specialty is in customizing their masks , almost any conceivable modification can be done, often
      making a mask completely unrecognizable from it's original sculpt. CFX is more active in the haunt industry,
      attending trade shows etc. www.compositeeffects.com

Comment

There are a few other companies out there now if you are looking to purchase. I purchased 2 from a new company Immortal Mask (909) 262-9507 and they post on here once in a while. There is another fellow out of PA that does awesome work also. Can't remember his company name but I think it starts with an "A". But I think his name is Juan and he is on here as well. And Stiltbeast Productions (Allen H). I am sure there are others but the few others that come to mind.

I have atleast 1 from all of them but Juan's. I must say that CFX mask seem to fit tighter than SPFX. Immortal mask I am not affraid to give a first time person for fear they would rip. They have mess throughout the whole thing and have really made me comfortable with paying the money out for masks. CFX just has awesome artist. Allen has a unique style.

I think they are all good companies, it comes to personal preference.

Here is the other company www.alteredfleshfx.com I referred to above. He does great work, can't remember why I didn't buy a mask at Transworld from him. He has some cool designs.
        Last edited by spookhaven; 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Go CFX

Hey lakewood, I recently placed an order for a CFX Flayed Frank mask and I have asked around (ALOT) on what path to take. I was steered to CFX and I am awaiting my mask to come in. If you check on youtube the videos are incredible. The movement is very fluent, the detail is disgustingly real and it's an awesome fit from what I heard. Not to mention also that the chest piece is extended which gives you more bang for your buck. Check out the video I posted (Courtesy of HalloweenManty). I should be getting mine pretty soon and I'll be sure to post pictures and talk about it.

Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 08-30-2011, 08:03 PM.
          Matthew Colton
          Frightworld America's Screampark
          http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Oh there are tons of new companies this year :

Here's a list:
            https://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php...33609963387025

Lots of talented folks and the new startups generally have great prices too

Comment

Working...
            X