The "Real" Business competition...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Real" Business competition...

Seems to be once again ....the can of beer!
    A woman just called up to cancel the bachelorette party here because someone computed that it would be "Cheaper" to go Bar-Hopping instead!?
    Booze
    DUI
    Fines
    Increased car insurance
    Sexually transmitted diesease
    Vomiting in your friend's car
    Hangovers...... "Priceless!"

Oh, Well?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Bummers!!!!

Comment

The haunts here are in a dry county so the competion seems to be buffet hopping.

Everyone walking around with 50 pounds of undigested meat in their gullet.
      Always claiming food poisoning when they do go out
      Most meals now are $12.50 to $15.50 per shot but eating is something they know they can do.

Same results, special stomack acid medicine, sure they are under lots of stress.
      Oh, lordy my hemroids! they seem to remark a lot.

You want them to actually stand up in a line for more than 20 minutes and possibly walk a couple hundred feet with out a couch stop somewhere and a cold beverage? And pay for this experience?

Maybe they don't know you have couches?
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

So the advertising should be people sitting on couches laughing with a drink/dixie cup in their hand. 17 rooms of walk 25 feet to the next room with more plopping down on couches. Possibly a couch maze where the backs of couches make it a few hundred feet unable to see where to sit down. Some of the couches could have wetness as a scare. Other couch scares you already have figured out.

This going a few feet and sitting in the car and then sitting in a booth or sitting on a bar stool experience has to be duplicated to be like a normal habitat.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

No wonder the government has figured out to tax tables and chairs in an establishment. People are going to sit down.
          sigpic

Comment

My motto is! If you cant beatem Joinem! LOL!
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            Damon Carson

Comment

I Wouldn't...

Try to be drunker than a drunk as far as "Joining".
              I prefer to be either smarter, more stupid to prove a point (not the one on the top of my head either) or just try to seem alot smarter than they are because this can scare many people, especially if you just bolted the door behind them, it's your place and it's weird and you must be uncommonly disturbed to be who and what you are.(By common standards)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

You could add some sawing of lumber and pounding it onto the wall sounds to bar the door, some welding light and crackle streaming past the wall. There are couches though. Then you begin wondering how sanitary the couches could possibly be.
                Last edited by Greg Chrise; 08-29-2011, 09:53 PM. Reason: abra cadabra
                sigpic

Comment

Then a puff from a Glade Fresh Scent dispenser. Thanks Glade.
                  sigpic

Comment

What is the best way to joinem? Rabbit joints or dowel pins?
                    sigpic

Comment

When they sit

on my couches, the faint crackle and rustle sounds are a dead give-away, yes, there is plastic between their butt and the actual cushion!
                      He interupted me to say this numerous times:"This stuff doesn't bother me! I'm not afraid of this stuff! This stuff doesn't bother me!"
                      "Well, OK....."
                      After his group left I found that he left me a urine sample, right where he wasn't bothered!
                      Unrequested urine samples do bother me.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I figured out what was missing. Literally bolt the door. Whip out the air wrenches and it makes the sound of going through some torque sequence in addition to all the regular rattles and pinnings. Lovely assistants bring and take away the soccets and air wrench and various locks on silver platers. It's magic.

For occasional couch wetness, the noo noo from the teletubbies comes out and searches for things to clean up. Only it is scarier looking.
                        sigpic

Comment

Jim I knew that would ruffle your feathers! LOL! Thats why I said it. You could always buy a breathalizer and have them blow in it. If it goes off all you have to say is for your safety and yours you can not enter this establishment.
                          Damon
                          Frightmasters
                          Damon Carson

Comment

I did the unthinkable

Last year we actually tried to outsmart our common sense. We actually had the brewery down the road in our ad! We already had a problem with drunks before. So telling people about the brewery was just insane! We figured we would have more drunks than ever.

Did not notice any more drunks! The brew pub was not "cheap beer" to get hammered on. We had their full menu posted at our ticket line as well. Twisted turkey sandwich, pizza, wings and more.

This year one of our ads has 'Whats better than a haunt with a brewery one mile away" right in upper right corner of ad. with bottles of Screamin pumpkin spiced ale and Kid Rock's BAD ASS BEER...both brewed 1 mile away.

I must be insane!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Some of the big corp. haunts make their biggest profits from selling $7 shots to their haunt customers. Unfortunately, they get vomit and piss on the walls, and fists in the faces of their actors. It's such big business though, they keep at it. They also spend a lot on security, and need it. Of course, they also run everyone through in a continuous line (again, to increase the bottom line). But both practices detract from the overall experience. The other customers will enjoy it more without the drunks, and they will be more scared if they don't have a continuous line to telegraph were all the scares are. Oh well, to each their own.
                              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
                              X