Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else care to share some of their cheap prop making ideas and pictures???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else care to share some of their cheap prop making ideas and pictures???

I LOVED the dollar store post, but lets get some more ideas!

It realy helps to brainstorm ideas and to see other peoples work.

Never hurts to share

Mr. Haunt

I'm looking for some cheap ideas for an old Cemetery style haunted trail?

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

Comment

We always have to work on the cheap. I take cheap skulls, arms and legs, sprayed with glue and wrapped with tissue paper ( skin ) and stained with a cherry stain and a little black paint to change the look of the Dollar Store body parts. I buy little baby white shoes from the Goodwill stores and stuff with newspaper , glue gun the tops of the ankle and bloody it up. I also buy some cheap plastic bats, paint it wood grain, glue pieces of tissue paper to the top, bloody it up, add a chunk of hair. ...the hair makes it a very effective prop.
      I also love to hear all the ideas people have to create cheap props.

Comment

Mr. Haunt,
        check out my youtube channel, lots of inexpensive prop ideas.
        Allen H
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The Post Headline Reminded me...

"Do you have a picture of your Wife naked? Would you like to buy one?" Such statements passed as "Humor" in my childhood....250 years ago...
          Recently I have begun explaining to my customers that I WILL be scaring them only with cheap, simple, common, mundane little things that they will Have to laugh at after the initial reaction of fear from them... because if they don't laugh.. I will hurt them.

Not really.

You can make almost anything "Scary", if you have the time or take the time to set them up for it. Great-God Throughput never likes to hear such utterences from the peons out in the cornfield, but the customers like it, a little time, a little backround, feeding and creating expectations , then GOTCHA!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

picture of my bat on the cheap. My husband in the puddle Halloween theme camping trip last weekend.
            Attached Files

Comment

Were there other campers there?

And if there were, did you scare them? Freelance scaring can have some definate downsides to it.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A campground in Nova Scotia run a Trick or Treat themed weekend every August. We are a large group with many children. They also advertise a Haunted Trail, but for two years, their volunteers didn't show. We volunteered to help out. The owners had to add additional tractor runs to accommodate all the campers who wanted to see what was in the woods.
                Great fun!! We love to scare!!

Comment

that's The spirit!

Scare them, have FUN! A former campground owner around here tried it too but, get this, he wasn't going to pay anyone anything for building the entire place and working in it, BUT he would give out a nice cash prize to the one person who had the best costume of his workers... gee? Nobody showed up nothing happened?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X