Line Actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line Actor

Anyone have any good ideas for a actor that is going to be on the line entertaining the customers waiting to come in?

Que line actors
    In my opinion they need to talk, they need to be able to be humorous, and they need to be photogenic. That will give them the skills you need from them, staying power (pure scare characters lose their edge hitting the same folks over and over), informative (my line characters must answer questions like where is the bathrooms and such), and since everyone has a camera/ cell phone nowadays posing for pics is really common for the que actors.
    Allen Hopps
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I agree with Allen. Character and charisma is key.
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

I am asked to work the que lines when I'm slow at the photo booth. My character doesn't talk. As a pig I have grunts, squeals and sniffing which I rarely use. I move through the lines. Cutting spots. Sniffing and smelling hair of someone not paying attention. Get some good scares but I try not to over do it. I keep moving. Staying still brings on the hecklers. I pay them no mind and look for people into it. I try to be aware if I'm around too long. Pics are a must. Have good poses in mind. I suck it up as much as they do. I see a camera and the show is on big time. lol. Then again....I get moving. I carry a spot light which makes it fun. I can search out someone and taunt them while not having to move, run or even get close. Funny how many people will get freaked out by a spot light.
        oh yeah. I agree with humorous. They are there to be entertained so I do it. If there are not a lot of people paying attention I'll throw down some dance moves to whatever music and when they get going I jump right back into character. Big and menacing. Like throwing down 180's
        Last edited by Massacred Memories; 08-28-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Never, EVER break character unless it's absolutely necessary. People will be watching you from the moment you walk out the door until you disappear behind the exit...
          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

What if your cell phone rings or if you have irritable bowl syndrom? What do you do in that case badger?!
            Damon
            Frightmasters
            Damon Carson

Comment

Thanks for the advice, we opened last year for the first time and didnt know if we would need one, turns out we did really well and had lines waiting to get in so it will be a welcome addition to our haunt this year.

Comment

"What if your cell phone rings or if you have irritable bowl syndrom? What do you do in that case badger?!
                Damon
                Frightmasters "
                You dont have your phone on you Damon, you just dont. no actor should have their phone on them. If you have an irritable bowl, change your cereal. If you meant bowel, then you dont have to work Im pretty sure Obama care will cover that.

And no actor should ever have their cell phone on them, if they do, they are doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                  "What if your cell phone rings or if you have irritable bowl syndrom? What do you do in that case badger?!
                  Damon
                  Frightmasters "
                  You dont have your phone on you Damon, you just dont. no actor should have their phone on them. If you have an irritable bowl, change your cereal. If you meant bowel, then you dont have to work Im pretty sure Obama care will cover that.

And no actor should ever have their cell phone on them, if they do, they are doing it wrong.
                  I really don't want to side track this but I think it's a good time to address this question......The "irritable bowel" made me thing about crapping myself....then smelling...then I thought about odors to round out a character....Question: Is it wrong or offensive to smell like B.O. or bad meat? Using my grundgy butcher look for instance. I know you don't want to smell like Axe Body Spray right?

Comment

Originally posted by Massacred Memories View Post
                    I really don't want to side track this but I think it's a good time to address this question......The "irritable bowel" made me thing about crapping myself....then smelling...then I thought about odors to round out a character....Question: Is it wrong or offensive to smell like B.O. or bad meat? Using my grundgy butcher look for instance. I know you don't want to smell like Axe Body Spray right?
                    There are companies that make scents that you can use in your haunts or on your person to make yourself smell bad. Never washing your outfit helps as well, especially early in the season as you sweat...
                    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                      There are companies that make scents that you can use in your haunts or on your person to make yourself smell bad. Never washing your outfit helps as well, especially early in the season as you sweat...
                      Cool. I do recall seeing that but never thought of how others would take it or if it was too much. More so if you are a que line actor and having so much exposure to people.

Comment

I have used a scent masking spray, but I will never add bad smells or not wash a costume. Odorless fabreeze does a good job of masking a nice smell. Smelling bad negates the photogenic quantifier- no one will want to stand next to you for pictures.
                        I understand a bad smell is one way to invade them, but its also likely to piss them off just enough so they cant get scared.
                        Allen H

Comment

Wow look what I started

Comment

I'm a line actor, my character is a psycho clown. People either like the clown or hate clowns, either way I get a reaction. When they take a picture I start jumping around like a kid at Christmas, yelling "Show me the picture! Show me the picture!" I'm usually pretty quick with the improv which is a big help. Singling out a member of the group and tormenting them a little then turning on the group is always fun. I like to find something to pick on and then tear them up, either haircut (especially Justin Bieber cut), clothes (people wearing camoflouge, I like to tell them, "You know I still see you?"), I address older patrons as Mom or Dad. This year I want to try getting some audience particiaption going like having everybody sing an annoying song and then yell to knock it off or get them all dancing.

Comment

I work lines several different ways, depending on the audience; the house; the crowd-dynamic.

1. Silent creeper - I 'stalk' one person in a group for as long as it is effective. As soon as it becomes commonplace to the victim or the group, I move on (works best in lines with several cut-ins).

2. Vocal - I pick on a person or group, usually playing/preying on one persons fear or psyche, but ALWAYS In-character (sort of Anything Goes... within reason).

3. Crowd - If there is a 'stage' area by the line, I 'take-stage' and perform for the audience at-large, letting them move by in the line, and repeat my schtick as needed (similar to a 'Comedy Routine').

I'm sure there are many, many more, but these are the few that I work from at ScreamS.

Comment

Working...
                              X