Gore Galore Goat Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gore Galore Goat Head

Ok...For those of you who own the Gore Galore goat head, I have a few questions...We just built the structure to suspend it from and now have it hanging from the track. Right now the center of the main bar is about 37" above the floor, putting the trigger buttons around 42" when the bar is level. I was just curious how far off the ground the rest of you have mounted yours because the instructions didnt give any recommended heights. I think the 37" is good, but there is another guy that wants to raise it another 6" and depending on who is operating it, they may or may not be able to see over top its head if its that high.

Additionally, do any of you have any sort of barricade in front of the head to keep the guests from touching it or does it just move right into the pathway?

Thanks for your help!
    Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
    [n8 creative studios]

Nate,
    the goat head does work best at factory height when you mount the track at 8' as indicated in the instructions.
    The main reason is for customer safety in case it does hit someone it is a hit to the body.
    But I would prefer mounting higher. It is more aggressive looking when it is coming at your head.
    However this does make it more difficult to operate and you don't want it hitting anyone in the head.

So, I would recommend a low wall to keep the customers away from it if you decide to mount it higher. It definitely looks good.
    We had to put a small kick wall in because the customers would just start running anyway so it helped to keep them in line for attack from the goathead without getting hit by it.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Kevin, our track is mounted 8'6" AFF, and the cable tether that was supplied is 58" from the centerline of the track to the bottom of the quick link. We ended up shortening the cable today to raise it up about 4" and now seems a bit more comfortable for a taller person to operate. But I see your point with having it too high...We have the guests coming at it on an angle rather than head on or 90 degrees to it...i think that will work out fine. Thanks for the help!
      [n8 creative studios]

Comment

That is perfect,
        We designed the cable so that it could be shortened if desired.
        Sounds perfect, and have fun with it.
        If you put an excited puppeteer in it. He will need to be careful not to slam the horns into the walls. But he will be able to make it look absolutely real.
        Angles are great. The main problem we had were customers just wanting to run full speed past it when they got a glimpse of it. LOL
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see that. Can you post a link? I couldn't find it on the website. Thanks
          Colt Farrington
          "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Comment

Here is the goat head.

It is about 4' long and over 4' wide with led eyes, and audio controlled by actor push buttons. Also solenoid actor controlled to lipsynched to audio.

http://www.gore-galore.com/products/goathead.gif
            the info is on the new products page.
            http://www.gore-galore.com/new_products.php

We also have a new version available called "Ancient Evil" that is even larger, and more menacing looking. But haven't posted to the website yet.
            Kevin R. Alvey
            info at gore-galore.com
            www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Yeah its fantastic, got it all hooked up a couple nights ago. I would look forward to seeing more interchangeable heads in the future to fit various scenes.

Also Im thinking about looking into adding a co2 jet to the mouth next year for that breath of cold air haha. Of course cant shoot guests too close!

And this might work well if it can be mounted higher so that guests walk underneath it, have the actor on a high platform maybe. Just a thought.
              [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Need a T-Rex version

Yes, this is a great product. Once Nate had all of the mechanical features hooked up I had to play with it. The audio, as well as the motion is very realistic. As I played with it I kept thinking it would be great if you made a T-Rex or a dragon version as well.

Robert Travis
                Scenic Art Productions
                ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM
                Last edited by Scenic Art Productions; 09-02-2011, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Anything you want

We designed it so you CAN interchange heads.
                  We already have another version ready "Ancient Evil". It is kind of dragon like crossed with a demon dog. And oh that's right "Hell Hound", done in dayglow, it looks like it is on fire.
                  if you want to see pics of these please contact me offlist. I am not posting pics online yet.

As a matter of fact, We are shipping to several customers this week.
                  And we have requests for other characters we WILL exhibit at the upcoming 2012 Transworld show.
                  If there is any character you want. Just call us and order it. We do custom creatures ALL the time. If you know you want a new head for next season, order in the off season and we will start on it as soon as the season is over (in a couple weeks), and we will give you a good price since it is off season. Give us a call or email us and we can work it out.

I think co2 jets are a great idea. As a matter of fact Matt from Edge designs told me the same thing. So, we are working on it.
                  I also think a platform is a great idea too. Call me and we can talk about how to set it up. It is EASY!

The giant heads are great, and they were the next step in Gore Galore EVIL-LUTION. And that takes us to the next level. You are not going to believe what we are working on for 2012 Transworld show. I want to tell you what it is.... But I can't give it away......yet....
                  Last edited by Gore Galore; 09-03-2011, 07:11 AM.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Loved the goat head after seeing it in action at Transworld. Very effective scare because it's actor controlled and with proper timing is sure to get customers every time.
                    Ryan

Comment

Working...
                    X