Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Projectors adn Projected images -What Features /Brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projectors adn Projected images -What Features /Brands?

Hello All:

I am a home haunter but like to do things well. I am considering using some "projection" this year with some of the illusionary effects that I have seen on the market. such as AtmosFear or others. I am hoping not to break the bank but don't have an issue for cost with good value. I intend to use this outside, but, I am not worried about the weather.

Anyhow, my question is what kind/type/brand/ size of projector should I use?
    Are there any features that are absolutely necessary or better to have?

How do you use a projector without getting the effect of a big beam of light that is obvious to everyone?

Lastly, I mentioned the Atmosfear series of projections and have seen others as well such as "ghost boys" or projectd insects, animals etc. Any suggestions or preferences are most appreciated.

Thanks,

2000 lumens is pretty good. (That is the "brightness" of the projector. You can go for less than 2000, but shoot for around 2000.

I really like www.hallowindow.com I use it for my home haunt.

Simply projecting onto a bed sheet or frosted shower curtain works REALLY well.

-=CoasterBP

Comment

I carry the Jon Hyers series of projected effects which has spider, snakes, bugs as well as ghost boys etc. I have heard some good things about the ultraprojector for outdoor use but have not tried it myself. All in one water proof unit seems nice but not a very high resolution.
      Mick

http://www.deathecho.com

Comment

I was looking for an effect for my projector but havent been able to find it. I have seen an effect of running rats and mice, but can not find it for purchase online. There is one rats projection I have seen that had like 1 or 2 rats walking around, and they were more of an actual image of real rats. The one I am looking for are many many rats running around, and it is more of shadows than actual images of real rats. Anyone know where I can find this, is it available to purchase a download rather than a dvd?
        Justin
        The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Depending on your placement, the Ultra Projector is the way to go.
          "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
          Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
          Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

As was previously mentioned the Ultra Projector is made for outdoor use. Not the most lumens (only 900). But depending on what your application is it may work very well. A cool feature of the ultra projector is there is no need for a dvd player or computer while projecting. The ultra projector has built in memory to store your fx. Once loaded up (using a computer) your ready to go.

Ultra Projector
            http://hauntyourhouse.net/prod/sfx90...projector.html

Jon Hyers has created many visual fx for use with projectors. Some of his fx he has even used the Ultra Projector. Some fx do require more lumens than the ultra projector provides. Some of his other fx may require 2000, 2500, or even more. Just depends on what and where your projecting to. I believe the rats fx is on one of these dvds I carry. I'll have to look into it and see which one. The snakes are very cool as well. With the creative minds of us haunters there is so many different way one could incorperate projection fx. We did the grave ghost effect last year. Had many comments on it!! Next year we have plans to totally redo the basement of our haunt. There will definately be projections fx added for sure!

Jon Hyers FX
            http://hauntyourhouse.net/special_fx...jon_hyers.html
            Kelly Anderson
            Owner- Halloween Undercroft
            http://www.halloweenundercroft.com/
            Owner- Haunt Your House llc

Comment

Working...
            X