Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody seen a good horror movie lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody seen a good horror movie lately?

I've been watching some of the classics over the last month. Finally got a chance to see Rob Zombie's vision of Halloween and I think I liked it better than the original.
    Colt Farrington
    "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Yes!

Plot:"A bunch of tiny-brained people want to destroy the country".. oh wait, that was the News commnetary, not a movie.
    Real life is too scary these days who needs movie monsters?
    I haven't any movie in many years, I'm in my own feature length production every night of the year.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Colt I got a few props from that movie including the bloody Couch the fosters are killed on.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverend Colt View Post
        I've been watching some of the classics over the last month. Finally got a chance to see Rob Zombie's vision of Halloween and I think I liked it better than the original.

Either you are younger than 18 years old or smoking something because those Rob Zombie Halloweens are a train wreck of a movie and not even in the same universe as the original....Sorry I know everyone has an opinion but seriously, not even close unless you dig the white trash redneck F word every other word low brow gutter movies type thing. Shane, where are you at can I get an AMEN?

DA

Comment

Alright ill tell you what I liked more about them

1. Zombie took the time to actually develop the character of Michael Myers. How he got from a loving son to a sociopathic killer. It didn't just happen by coincidence.

2. You saw the world through Michael's eyes in this one.its a pretty unique concept as Slasher movies go when you think about everything else that has been done.
          I'm not a big fan of the excessive f word which really turned me off in Devils Rejects. You are right about that.

35 years old and not smoking anything but Marlboro lights, but slowly quitting. Pray for me.
          Colt Farrington

Comment

Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
            Hey Colt I got a few props from that movie including the bloody Couch the fosters are killed on.
            Awesome! Alot of the scenes at the Haunted Pyramids where I work are recycled movie sets. Our Asylum house is Ricky Bobby's mama's house from Taladega Nights.
            Colt Farrington

Comment

I liked zombies remake but hated part 2
              I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

First of all, best of luck to you for quitting smoking, it's really important. I've been trying to get my sister to quit for 20 years so I know it's a challenge but well worth it.

Now on the movies, part 6 the curse of Michael myers did explain why he kills and it gave it a more mysterious and mystical background. I thought it was far more interesting having him led by an evil force than just turning Myers into just a run of the mill abused kid who grows up with an attitude that makes him like a real life serial killer which makes it boring. So what the kid was raised by a trashy stripper mom and an alcoholic dad who knows only a handful of words in the English language which happen to be mostly profanity, that's common and therefore lame.

Zombie is not creative at all he puts the same actors in his films including his wife who despite being killed in the first one still made it into the second as a ghost, damn that's lame!

He packs so much profanity I remember one scene where the guy was in his car and he said the F word like 9 times in 12 words, just ridiculous white trash unimaginative nonsense.

DA

Comment

Zombie is not the only director that uses the same core group actors. Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez do the same thing. Once Upon a Time in Mexico had almost the same cast as Spie Kids. But I get your point about the cheap excessive cursing. I'm not a fan of it either. So you didn't like House of 1000 Corpses either?
                  Colt Farrington

Comment

I loved the kid line in one as an x public teacher who taught at the most risk school in the nation I related. Loved 1 but 2 was horrible ... especially with his wife.

Comment

I've been trying to find a good horror movie lately but have not had much luck. The movies on CHILLER and FearNet networks are some of the worst. It's hard to come up with anything fresh nowadays. Between the reboot/remake/reinvent/multiple sequels and the mindless shock/gore there ain't much. House of a 1000 Corpses/The Devil's Rejects I can only watch in 30-45 min chunks before I get a headache. After the first Saw movie it went down hill. Hostel was so lame I couldn't even watch it.

Comment

The scariest movie i have ever seen!!!!!

BRING IT ON 2!!!!
                        I actually throw up after this one!
                        VERY SCARY!
                        sigpic
                        PEACE, ADAM
                        www.poisonprops.com

Comment

last good horror flick

The last good movie I saw was Insidious. It was a classic style flick with a PG-13 rating. Almost no foul language and when the guy in the movie was translating on paper what the lady was saying and he wrote the curse words they where way more impactful. I was glad to see someone can tell a story with out all the foul language.

Shawn
                          http://www.twistedwoods.com

Comment

Shawn, couldn't agree with you more! I loved that movie! So well done, I was a little nervous when it was also from the paranormal activity people, but it was just hands down incredible. The haunt I am at this October has an Insidious room, and it is an exact reproduction of the kids bedroom and anyone who saw the movie gets obscenely nervous/twitchy in that section. Yikes!

Comment

To me it seems like most modern horror movies are more about torture, and explaining why a psycho is a psycho. I miss the days when horror movies were about scary moments and special effects, with a bit of campy humor mixed in. The motivations of every villain didn't have to be explained to death (pun intended). Classic horror movies usually left me with an adrenalin rush. Most modern horror movies leave me feeling depressed. I'll take the original "Nightmare On Elm Street" over "Saw" any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X