Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battery Powered Heat Detectors? Using fog this year......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Powered Heat Detectors? Using fog this year......

Does anyone know if there are battery powered heat detectors? We have found tons of hard wired ones, but no battery powered ones.

We will be using heavy fog in one area this year but are required to have a fire detection system in place "Smoke Detectors" - unfortunately the fog will set these off so we need heat detectors instead, and this being a temp location we would like to stick with battery powered.

Any suggestions would be great - Thanks.

Lots of them out there, however they are primary 120v with battery backup, like the BRK6135HD. The units will run for a couple of weeks on just the battery alone.

Couple things to consider, if you are using a fire control system, most of these units will be a 'challenge' to integrate into the system, and even then usually not up to fire code. Up side is they can be tested with any TV IR remote.

You can daisy chain multiple detectors together, the alarm circuit (5vdc/50mA) will trigger all the detectors if one goes off.

Word of caution, on a 90 degree day, the upper reaches of a black tent will easily reach the 135 degree fixed temp of most heat detectors. How would I know this????
    http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Thanks for the information - These do not need to be integrated into the system, our fire marshall just wants them as a replacement for the usual smoke detectors we use. It's just one of those hoops he wants us to jump through, as the building itself already has a fire detection system and sprinklers installed. I will look into the detectors you suggested - Thanks again.

Comment

When smoke detectors first came out

And were manditory in some cities, elderly could not afford them, so one old man simply filled an envelope with small fire crackers then taped the envelope on the beam near his furnace and water heater!
        I guess he supposed that his hearing was still good enough to hear them?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X