Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the International Association of Haunted Attractions Exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the International Association of Haunted Attractions Exist?

Hello to all,
    I am new to the haunt industry but remember an organization called IAHA. I have not heard much about it anymore. Does it still exist? If it does are there any benefits for a company such as mine to join the organization? It has been awhile since I have checked but the website seemed like it was never updated so I figured it folded. Please let me know I would love to hear about it from you.

Thank You,
    Robert Travis
    Scenic Art Productions
    ScenicArtProductions@Yahoo.COM

No it no longer exists in the form you previously have seen. It is now a collaborative effort as:

http://www.hauntedhouseassociation.o..._directory.cfm

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Larry Rules the haunt world.
      Joshua
      www.hauntedprints.com
      info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

No it no longer exists. I wouldn't personally say there is any benefit to the old one new one in between one or anything all around or in ... LOL

Look its really simple the function of an association in a typical industry is to organize an industry tradeshow. In our industry we already have that covered by multiple organizations like Transworld, Hauntcon, MHC and a few others. Another function is to produce industry education, magazines, and more... again all done by private business such as Hauntworld Magazine, Haunted Attraction Magazine, seminars are produced by MHC, Hauntcon, Transworld and a host of other events. Lastly another major function of an assocaition is to produce government relations, lobby against new tax laws or rules ... that is not done by the haunt industry because we have never nor probably will ever produce the renvue need to perform these functions... IAAPA is the biggest association for the amusement industry and they do all of the above.

There are some benefits to joining IAAPA but as a haunt owner if you hard to say... if you are a vendor you can't exhibit at their show without being a member.

Bottom line is our industry really has no need for an association because we have most of the bases covered via, Transworld, to IAAPA already looking out for the amusement industry.

It's really been a source of drama, fighting, arguments, accusations, and worse over the years. So to answer your question... NO!

We produce a website online www.HauntedHouseAssociation.org and our main function with this website is to merely promote the haunted house industry in a positive light. There will not be nor will there ever be some article, story that puts any haunt owner, or attraction or the industry as a whole in a bad light. On this website we also have a FREE haunt directory all haunts are listed on the front page... if you own a haunted house go there and list your event for FREE!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
        X