I will never forget ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never forget ever...

The day planes flew into buildings how can you... like you I was at a haunted house getting them ready to open. I got a call saying a plane flew into a building, then like 10 minutes later got another call same thing. I ran to a tv and then watched those buildings crash to the ground. My first thought was Halloween is over...

You couldn't help but wonder what is going to happen when even the NFL stops playing football, who did this, why, and would it happen again.

If you owned a haunted house you had to wonder if your business was finished. We survived, one of the best years we ever had... we are still around today alive and well while so many died a horrible death.

So many armed forces went over there to make them pay on the same level that Japan payed for Pearl Harbor. We get to have a business today, because our armed forces fought for our countries freedom. I know a kid who's my sons best friend he lost his dad in Afghanistan. Today isn't just remembering all those who died on the actual day of 911 but the 3000 and counting armed forces who have died to protect our freedom.

Every year we open our haunted house second weekend of September and every year just prior to opening or during our opening for the last 10 years 9/11/01 is remembered. Its hard to forget when you are in the haunt industry when it happened just prior to everyone opening, something I'll never forget.

Remember to do something for your armed forces! They are the ONLY reason your haunt is opening this season.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    The day planes flew into buildings how can you... like you I was at a haunted house getting them ready to open. I got a call saying a plane flew into a building, then like 10 minutes later got another call same thing. I ran to a tv and then watched those buildings crash to the ground. My first thought was Halloween is over...

You couldn't help but wonder what is going to happen when even the NFL stops playing football, who did this, why, and would it happen again.

Larry
    Larry I remember having similar thoughts. The weekend prior my best friend, my fiance and I had gone to the beach and had come up with a great act for the Bar H Haunted Hayride. That Friday afternoon was the day we were going to test a pyrotechnic effect to go with it. Those plans were scraped. I didn't care anything about it after watching real carnage on TV for a week. It occurred to me that if I, the guy that loves Halloween more than anybody I personally know, isn't excited about halloween, we are in big trouble financially.

Soon the Haunt World website featured an American flag jack-o-lantern and that was my Inspirations to change the show almost completely. We changed the whole deal taking a defensive/ survival position of cutting expenses and banking on lower turnout. At the different stops we caught, tried, and executed terrorist instead of vampire, zombies and librarians. It was one of the worst shows I was ever a part of but the smaller crowds we did have loved it. That red, white, and blue jack-o-lantern was awesome!
    Last edited by Reverend Colt; 09-12-2011, 05:30 AM.
    Colt Farrington
    "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Comment

50 % attendance drop by many haunts

That was a tragedy for America we will never forget. The fallout for most haunts was a drop of 50 % in attendance. The people were not in the mood for Halloween that year.

I thought the tributes on Sunday were done with respect and well done. America needs to be one again.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Handed out passes last week

Larry mentioned doing something for armed forces. My corn maze is open now. While passing out my flyers I spotted a "Iraq Veteran" car plate. She got handed a family pass for the maze. Done this many times.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Free

I have always let military ( with id ) in my haunts for free as well as handicap! Shane and it's I figure it's the least I can do! Shane
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X