HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Creative Juices Needed - Finale Room for an "unReality" haunt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Do you have a photo of the upside down room. Can I get the acrylic at hd. Thanks

2. Default  
    Mesquite, TX
    A corn starch floor. This could be really cool and fit in with your theme, it also wont take to much to build.

3. Default Picture of the Upside Down Room 
    West Michigan

This is a picture of my "upside down room" (rotated to look "upright" for the media to use).

The carpet was screwed to a criss-cross network of wood above the walls (we were in a large warehouse). The props were screwed to the walls. There were even fake switchplates and a real door, all upside-down of course. The bed was made by screwing the headboard to the wall and the bedspread to the carpet, with a piece of 2" foamboard inside it to make the "mattress". Once again, the teddy bears and such were screwed or zip-tied to the bed, tables, etc. There was even a stray, opened book "on the floor." As it turned out, the details made the scare work that much better.

At first I was worried that the wrinkles in the carpet would look bad, but with the lighting, it was nearly impossible to tell.

The scare worked like this: The people entered the room (seeing pretty much the same view, but upside down). I entered behind them, while they were looking at the ceiling and commenting on it. I was able to walk right up to most people and quietly wait with my bladed hand next to them. When they turned, to look around some more, I just gave a deep, low, evil chuckle. More often than not, people wondered where I had come from. They usually didn't wait around for an answer!

Thread Information