Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12VDC bulbs, switches, and one power supply ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12VDC bulbs, switches, and one power supply ?

Hi, I want to wire three lights to three switches to one power supply, all 12VDC (12 Volt Direct Current). I want the lights to be independently controlled, on and off.

click on image to see larger view -

Can anyone help me connect the darkened in squares, connection points, so that this can operate? please. :?

Thanks for looking and trying, Crank and Pedal.

Just wire them in parallel. One positive going through each switch to the light and one negative returning from each light to the supply.

Comment

Something like this would work:

Just make sure your switches are doing what you think they are doing.
      -------------------------------
      http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

12VDC, lights, switches, action!

Great! Thank you both very much.
        Looks simpler (word?) than I thought.
        I'll try it.

Comment

Just wire all the negatives from the bulbs to the negative on the power supply. Take all the "hot in" from the switches and wire them to the positive on the battery. Then take each pos. from each switch and wire them to the bulbs. If you wire the positive to the power supply and use the neg to switch, the bubls may drain even if their not on.
          Slash
          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

cool, thanks, Slash.

Comment

Originally posted by slash
              If you wire the positive to the power supply and use the neg to switch, the bubls may drain even if their not on.
              It shouldn't matter which pole of the battery you wired to the bulbs and which you wire to the switches; when the switches are all open (off) there wouldn't be any return path for the current to flow through and it wouldn't run your battery down.
              Motors and skulls:
              http://www.division-6.com/haunting

Comment

butt r those skinny blue lines on the die-a Gram thick enough to carry the needed voltage?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                  butt r those skinny blue lines on the die-a Gram thick enough to carry the needed voltage?
                  Slash
                  "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Working...
                  X