Glowing laundry detergents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glowing laundry detergents

I heard about this several years back that some laundry detergents will glow under blacklight. Any body know which ones out there do actually glow under blacklight?
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

I know liquid Tide works (most expensive) but not sure about any other brands. You are looking for the products with Whiteners added to them, the same stuff that hunters hate.
    Colt Farrington
    "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Comment

Arm and Hammer poweder I think is one. The only room without windows in our house is the laundry room, so as we were learning how to paint in 3D we would go in there to test and the powder would glow.

Comment

i know positivly ERA glows because i have used it many times on my flying crank ghosts

Comment

Rit Whitener and liquid Tide work beautifully.

Sent from my Optimus T using Tapatalk.

Comment

If your mixing it with water take a bunk of highlighters bust them open and pour them in nice effect

Comment

A little info...

"Wool light" has worked great for my applications in the past but just about any laundry detergent works, especially softeners.

Laundry Detergents
              Some of the whiteners in detergent work by making your clothing a bit fluorescent. Even though clothing is rinsed after washing, residues on white clothing cause it to glow bluish-white under a black light. Blueing agents and softening agents often contain fluorescent dyes, too. The presence of these molecules sometimes causes white clothing to appear blue in photographs.

Laundry detergents contain brightening agents that glow when exposed to light. They are intended to make whites appear whiter by adding a bit of blue light to them under ultraviolet light, like in sunlight or under fluorescent lights. When you shine a black light on detergent, you get a very bright glow. The glow is bright enough that you don't need total darkness to get a nice effect.
              Tom
              Creator of the Dungeon
              WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Working...
              X