No announcement yet.

Haunt Season Attendance Numbers Up or Down... Follow this thead all season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really depends where you are we have $10-$20 haunts sell out for the night here in New England.

Comment

Yes we do

We are in our 21st year and after a rainy start, we have had record setting nights this past weekend. We are a Haunted Hayride that is roughly 40 minutes long and covers 165 acres of land as well as our House of Bad Dreams walk through which is roughly 12000 square feet. I feel we have priced our attraction to be a great family value, $15.00 per person or $25.00 for fast pass. I think some of the long standing larger attractions are simply pricing themselves out of business.

I wish everyone a DRY and Profitable season and look forward to seeing everyone at Transworld 2012..

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
      Owner Tombstone Productions
      Owner Monster Mash Scream Park

Comment

We are in our second season and all of our numbers from last year have almost doubled as of this far.
        "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
        Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
        Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

This is our 5th season our attendance is up 62% and we raised our ticket price so we are up 78% in sales. Good year for us in North Texas!
          Bart Butler
          HobNob Productions
          http://www.brainchowstudios.com

Comment

Dan, you said
            "I think some of the long standing larger attractions are simply pricing themselves out of business."

You would think that but it's not the case, at not here on the East coast. I went to Bates Motel this past saturday and the place was packed, and their tickets are $40 a piece and that's general admission. Pennhurst was also $40 and the VIP pass was a whopping $75!!! I opted to wait in line. The shows are great though. People will pay the money for a great show.

DA
            Last edited by Darkangel; 10-11-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

We are a mega haunt in TX and still doing well/ up after 2 weekends. Praying the weather holds and the rangers lose, when they are in the play offs people stay at home to see the game.
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Go Rangers!

Originally posted by Allen H View Post
                We are a mega haunt in TX and still doing well/ up after 2 weekends. Praying the weather holds and the rangers lose, when they are in the play offs people stay at home to see the game.
                Sorry Allen. I am outside of Detroit and I am hoping your team wins. If Rangers win; I'll buy drinks at Transworld. If Tigers win; you buy.

Comment

Peaked early

Hmmmmm. Season started with a bang. Then did not escalate but just coasted. Weather did hit us Sat. 29th and earlier. Overall our Sunday family crowds fell off at maze this year...haunt probably above 2008 & 2009 but below 2010. The horse took off strong out of the gate ; but just coasted along and even slowed before crossing the finish line.

Maybe me walking down waiting line all these years and getting people to raise their right hand and repeat after me "Next year I am coming in EARLY Oct. when lines are smaller has finally sunk into peoples heads.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

This is our 13th year of operation. We have had terrible weather and closed a few nights due to rain, the parking lot and cornfield were little better than swamp land. We actually had to drill holes in the cornfield, drop submersable pumps and pump out the water. We relocated our queue line due to the river over flow. In spite of all this, we had an all time record season. We had 3 record nights and 3 record weekends. We ran out of parking 3 times.

We did no local radio advertising and added billboards. We have never done billboards before.

Looking through all of the info that we have available to us, my best guess as to what contributed to our success is the actors. I think that our actors performed better than they ever have, and we have gotten better at running our show. This year was a huge learning experience for me, and I am becomimg less and less concerned with our advertising and more concerned with the quality of the show. Face book has been huge for us, and I am not talking about the things that we did. I am talking about the things that our customers have been saying about us.

In our particular neck of the woods, it is pretty tough to impress. There are some bad ass haunts in this part of the state, we are about an hour and a half from the Hoochie, and about 2 hours from Land of Illusions. In our rural community we have to draw from pretty far away to do any amount of ticket sales. We will probably never be on par with these bigger haunts, but just being able to swim in the same pond and survive makes us pretty damn proud.
                    www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Attendance

It was our first year at our haunt so I don't really have anything to put the numbers up against, but I will say that this weekend has surprised me. Just like wickedfarmer said.....In talking with the other 3 or 4 haunts that we partnered with for marketing they all said that the last weekend before Halloween was not their best attended weekend the last few years. Last weekend we were all very packed and I figured that this weekend would be even bigger, but the attendance so far is half of last weekend. I am still pleased with our numbers, but I would have thought Halloween weekend would be the biggest. Who knows? There are a lot of parties, events, fall festivals, etc. going on so maybe everyone just got out early? Still 2 more nights left....but overall a good season with only 1 night of bad weather.

Comment

In our Second Year on the big stage we had to unfortunately shut down for 2 nights due to NY's 8" of snow. Some of our Haunt is outdoors and it was the right decision to make for safety reasons. The 7 nights that we were opened our numbers increased from last year so we were very successful and alot of positive feedback. We can't wait to get our hands on next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X