King's Island Halloween Haunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King's Island Halloween Haunt??

Anyone been to the King's Island Halloween Haunt? Would it be worth a six hour drive plus a night in a hotel? Just trying to make plans. Thanks!!

I would go to these instead:

Dead Acres, Columbus Ohio

Factory of terror, Canton OH

Haunted Schoolhouse and laboratory, akron ohio

Bloodview, near akron ohio

Comment

King's Island

A great show and they have put a ton of hard work into this season.
      I highly recommend you check it out!
      www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
      [Google+] [YouTube]
      [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

I doubt it. Most of these amusement park haunts are not very good set up at the last minute ... they are NOT even 1/10th as good as as the haunts that got listed. I know several amusement parks do a great job but they do NOT hold a candle to the haunted houses you mentioned. Yes they have rides and we don't but if you are trying to find the best most unique Halloween experiences you'll find them at your local haunted houses.

NO WAY especially if you are trying to compare to something like DEAD ACRES!

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

it is not a bad haunt attraction to attend. i look forward to trying to see their show. PLUS you can also check out other local cincinnati/northern kentucky haunts as well like Dent School house, St. Rita's and the USS Nightmare just to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            I doubt it. Most of these amusement park haunts are not very good set up at the last minute ... they are NOT even 1/10th as good as as the haunts that got listed.

NO WAY!

Larry
            Is this true for King's Island? Have you actually been there Larry? or is this just a broad sweeping statement.

Just curious because I was thinking of going there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post
              Is this true for King's Island? Have you actually been there Larry? or is this just a broad sweeping statement.

I'm guessing it was just a broad sweeping statement. Cedar Fair does a great job with all their parks' haunts. Great makeup, acting, set design and I've always had an overall fun experience at their haunts.

Comment

Personally, I've never been impressed with any six flags haunt or lake compunce, the scenery and detail is great but the actual acting and spacing between groups really ruins it for me...just my two cents. I'd much rather see a local show.

Comment

No sweeping statement... I'm sure its great but I'm not going there over a fellow haunted houses haunt. Are you kidding me? Additionally we built a haunted house for Kings Island just FYI... so yeah I've been there. I'm not saying its bad I'm saying I'm not going to an amusement park over places like Dead Acrers or another fellow haunts place. There are not amusement park haunts who have a better production than our industires best haunts, and that includes Ohio haunt Dead Acres, and other places like that. Again nothing against Kings Island I'm saying in general picking a haunted house over an amusement park haunt not in a million years.

Remember places like Dead Acrers set up all year around, while an amusement park takes them down and puts them up and takes them down... yes some are aewsome but they can't compete with a place like Dead Acrers.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Originally posted by Boni View Post

While I am going to a Cedar Fair event this weekend (SCarowinds), I have to say they don't hold a flame to "local" haunts...The haunts at amusement parks have cool themes, good detail (not as EXTREMELY detailed), and sometimes good actors but they just can't do as good of a job trying to pump as many guests through per night as they do. You really get the bottleneck issue and bored actor problem. When I worked at SCarowinds I gave it 110% every night but most actors are just there for a seasonal job and not the love of Halloween. I'd say these events are fun if you're trying to make an evening of haunts. You get the theme park + haunts. I'm going with a group of friends so it's always more fun that way!!
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

ONLY if you go to the park during the day and ride lots of stuff to get your money's worth. The haunts aren't very good.

Comment

ok but not impressing

I went last night and 3 of the haunts were good but very short. wait an hour for a 5min long haunt not really my preferance but good while they lasted. The rest of the haunts had potential but were not very good. It was also VERY packed. There had to have been 10,000 people or more. almost every parking spot was filled we had to park all the way down by their hotel Great Wolf Lodge. I reccomend land of illusion. I went on the haunt tour this summer and thought it was awsome then but went last weekend and was completely amazed at how much they had added and done since then. It was great! It takes a lot to scare a haunter but they got me multiple times the actors did a great job. Also The chambers of horror also in middletown is really good!. Really well set up and great actors!

Comment

Okay I guess I was right on that one. HEHEHE... I have NOTHING against amusement park haunts but there is only a handful of amusement parks that go all out on Halloween. I don't really know if KI is one of them, but I do know that for most parks its simply a way to extend the season.

You always want to visit your local haunted house first.

Larry
                          Larry Kirchner
                          President

Comment

I'm not happy to hear about how packed it was at King's Island, and about how many people they force through. I understand it, but it doesn't make me want to go. I spent the money last year to fly to Florida to attend Universal Studio's Halloween Horror Nights, and I had the same complaint there... We missed 90 percent of the scares because we were pushed through the haunts in one long continuous "conga line", so we almost always saw the actors popping out at people in front of us. The general park atmosphere was excellent, and the outdoor scare zones were very cool (and the Bill & Ted Halloween show was worth the price of admission alone), but the haunts were basically ruined by the "conga line" effect. It appears like it would be the same situation at King's Island. The haunts aren't open during the week, so I don't have the option of going on a slow night. As such, it sounds like I'm going to have to pass.

Comment

Why didn't you just get a Fright Lane Pass? It's only ten more dollars and you don't have to wait in line for any of the haunts. If you have 3-4 people it's only $35. The more people you have, the cheaper it is. They even ask you if you want to go through by yourself. I bet you didn't even check their website before you went. Hell, you could have got their buffet and admission to the park for less than $30. I got their Fright Lane pass and was able to get through all of the attractions and had almost 3 hours before the park closed. I guess I'm crazy though.
                              Spooky Wishes
                              Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
                              X