Wiper Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Motor

Im looking into using a wipermotor to make a rocking chair, but I dont know what motor to get (make, model)
    I have been using this site www.scary-terry.com which is helpfull.
    I would like to go to an autoparts store to purchase it.
    I noticed monster guts sells this product as well but beinig in canada I dont want to pay the increased price.

Any help is much appreciated!
    Kyle

It does not really matter what kind you get, tell them you have a dodge pickup year 2008- (not important I just made that up) It shouldnt cost more than $40 for the motor.
    The way auto parts stores are set up now its easier to ask for a wiper motor for a _________ as opposed to part # whatever.
    Let me know how you do.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Got the motor.. Why So Many Wires??

So I just got my wiper motor from an auto parts store, and there are more wires then i thought. Which ones do I plug into my power supply? and what do I do with the rest of them?

A newbie prop builder...
      Kyle
      IMG01114-20110928-1805.jpg

Comment

What vehicle is it for?

Any idea what make/model/year vehicle the wiper motor came from? If you can identify that I can probably find a schematic.

Comment

try this link it might help. http://monsterguts.com/index.php?act...od&productId=4

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
            Any idea what make/model/year vehicle the wiper motor came from? If you can identify that I can probably find a schematic.
            Thanks for the reply, The motor is from a Ford Tempo 89'.
            I just dont know what ones to plug into the power supply and what to do with the rest...

Kyle

Comment

Original wire codes

The schematic shows two connectors with three pins each - one connector goes directly to the double-wound motor and one goes to the "park" switch.
              The motor wires should be BLACK chassis ground, DARK BLUE or DARK BLUE/ORANGE high speed winding (12VDC) and WHITE low speed winding (also 12VDC).
              To make the motor turn ground the solid BLACK and connect either the DARK BLUE (BLUE/ORANGE) or the WHITE wire to 12VDC. Do not connect both of these wires to 12VDC at the same time. Choose one or the other based on whether you want fast or slow speed.
              The other connector should have a BLACK, BLACK/PINK and RED wires in it and was used for the park switch that makes the motor stop in a consistent position. Could be used for some interesting stuff but most people just power the motor directly.
              Let me know if these are the wire colors you have.

Comment

I have got mine in the past from the junkyard. I have went to autobody shops and asked to take them off totaled cars as well. Some let me others tell me the go away. I use a PC power supply and use the 5V to make it run slower depending on what effect I want. I have just used the PS back to black on motor for ground then used the red from the PS and connect the wires one at a time on motor to see what I get. I don't think you can hurt them they are very strong motors and use a lot of amps to run.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the replies! I got the motor operating and will post picture of the prop once built!
                  Kyle

Comment

Working...
                  X