HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Barbed wire

1. Default Barbed wire 
    Merced CA
    Hello all, I'm pretty new around here hope to get some feedback on some ideas I've had...

For starters here's a little gem I stumbled upon when wiring my barn for sound. It started with a roll if speaker wire, (I don't remember what the size was) and a pair of scissors. I cut the wire into a strip approximately 5ft, I put one end in my vice, and the other in the bit of my drill. I twisted the wire until it looked like this.

I then cut multiple sections of speaker wire form the roll about three inches long, I then peeled apart the wire.

I then wrapped the peeled wire around the twisted wire and tied it with a simple knot. I also trimmed the edges off to the appropriate length at and angle just to give it that barbed look.

after that I hung it up and hit it with some Osh silver spray paint, and VOILA! you have perfectly harmless barbed wire... We use this in a scene where we have one of our actors tied down to a chair in a dark room (for developing film).

Let me know what you think,

Frightmare Farms

2. Default  
    Mount Pleasant, MI
    This is very cool!

3. Default  
    Looks good. You can also use cut up rubber bands for the barbs.

Thread Information