No announcement yet.

Best Haunted Houses... Please Nominate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im going to have to say Terror on the Fox... The detail in the haunt is top notch along with their great actors. The show in front of the house is just simply amazing.. Also you get to ride on a train.. that is something that to me makes terror on the fox stand out as one of the best.

Comment

I also want to suggest Dream Reapers... for simply being awesome! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

No question that Erebus in Pontiac Michigan should make the list. Besides holding the Guinness Book record for largest walk through haunted attraction, it is also one of the most creative haunts around. Using over 40,000 Sq. Ft. it has some of the most interesting rooms I have ever seen.

Ed Terebus and his crew build almost everything themselves. Some of the props and puppets in the haunt rival an amusement parks attraction.

Those of you going to Hauntcon should sign up for the haunt tours. It's worth the money just to see this haunt alone.

I would be remiss without mentioning my own haunt, Deadly Intentions. The reasons I consider our show to rank among the best is our creativity in room design. We completely redesign the haunt every year with many original rooms. We take pride in this because many other haunts that are in permanent locations keep much of their haunts the same every year. We do this on a fairly small budget as well. The biggest reason however is our actors. We have one of the best crews in the business, even our competition agree with this fact. We have been made the offer to purchase some of our ghouls from competing haunts. Many of my cast has been with me for many years. Any newbies that join us either quickly become a worthy part of the family or if they can't meet our expectations, end up working for another haunt.

I don't ever expect to make any list of the top haunts in the country. We do not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars each year on our show. Our sets may not always be the prettiest or most elaborate. We are a through back, old school haunted house that focuses on what I believe the most important thing at a haunted attraction should be. Scaring the crap out of our customers while giving them a very entertaining night out at a reasonable price.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        Deadly Intentions Haunted House
        www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

One's customers "Vote" every year slipping those green ballots into our ballot boxes, everything else becomes superfluous.
          (Or a pizzing contest?)
          If you are doing it your way, having fun, having happy patrons, then you are "The Best" and "Number One!"
          (Sounds almost like a song, doesn't it?)
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think The Nightmare Haunted House in Lexington Ky Should be nominated. It is the best Haunted attraction in Lexington and is quickly becomming one of the most popular haunts in Kentucky. Attention to detail is what set it apart from the rest. you can check out their website @ www.2scary.com . I also would say Baxters Ave. Morgue. It's one of my favorites in Ky. My all time favorite is Dead Acres.
            www.2scary.com

Comment

yeah, i have my favorates but i'm just saying this. my vote goes to everyone who runs ANY sort'a haunt! my vote goes to your hard work, your scrimping and saving, all to make a dream come true.

i think you all should be included one year or another (instead of the same 'ol same 'ol).

Comment

Best Family Oriented Haunted Trails

I would like to nominate the Philo Forest of Fright. I am an actor and one of the main characters in the haunt. They are new in the business and I think they did a fabulous job! Bob & Vicki are the owners and they worked very hard! This is located on 45 acres of there own land in Philo Ohio. Vicki did a great job rounding up all volunteers and they treated us all very well. Her website is www.forestoffright.org. The haunt is outdoors, consists of trails that you walk thru, and also had a maze and a hayride. She even has a hearse she calls Mortisha that she gave rides to customers that were celebrating a special occasion. Vicki has great pride in this and all of us from the scream team are standing behind her so she can achieve her goal of becoming one of the best outdoor haunted attractions in ohio. Vicki has appro. 20-25 volunteers and is open only on weekends in October. She not only took care of customer and her workers she even got out there and scared people. The Forest of Fright has alot of awesome scenes, and it is very hard to come up with themes when you are outdoors and in the elements. It is a family oriented haunt. All of us from the Forest of Fright's scream team think this is the best outdoor attraction in Ohio and only to get better. It not all about blood and Gore! We adore her dedication to the haunted attraction industry.

Rock on Forest of Fright! We are behind you all the way! You're haunt is awesome! It is good clean fun and SCARY too.

Comment

I have to vote for the Darkness. You know that one Larry! I really love what you guys do your are one of the best in the biz if not the best. I would nominate Neatherworld but I've never visited it in person yet.
                  So there you have it I vote for the Darkness.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

i have had the pleasure to visit about 13 haunts in the past 3 years...some of them i have visited 3 years in a row....these haunts are top notch in my book because of attention to detail, actor actress characters, originality, makeup, costumes so on and so forth....not to mention that they have treated me like royalty when i come to act...there are many haunts i believe that belong on this list, but i will put the top three up here in no order....these are the cream of the crop in my opinion

MORGAN MANOR
                    NETHERWORLD
                    DREAMREAPERS

i am goin to visit terror on the fox this yea and act there for a weekend and i am soooo psyched about that....the bad boyz rock, but i cant put them on here yet as that i havent seen their haunt....

todd

Comment

I think Thrillvania would be a great choice if I may be so bold. I flew out there last year and was very impressed with the show. It's simply the most unique haunted attraction I've ever seen. It's like a cross between a early 1900's freak show mixed with a modern haunted house. It's truly a Texas legend. They also have a pretty cool website :wink:

http://www.thrillvania.com
                      Christopher Brielmaier
                      Rogues Hollow Productions
                      www.RoguesHollow.com
                      www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
                      info@rogueshollow.com
                      PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

Im really excited to see Erebus at HC. I never get the opportunity to visit out of state haunts so this is going to be exciting.
                        www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

Todd,

I can't believe you didn't put DarkWood Manor on your list! :evil: Don't be surprised when the horse head shows up in your bed, or worse...you wake up to find John Jenkins beside you in bed! Aaaaaaaaaah!
                          Just kidding, I wouldn't do that to you. That would be cruel and unusual punishment and I don't want to get sanctioned by the Geneva Convention.

-l
                          sigpic
                          Louis Brown
                          Owner, operator, and dish washer
                          at
                          DarkWood Manor

Comment

Double M's Haunted Hayride

We would like to nominate Double M's Haunted Hayride in Ballston Spa, NY
                            www.mmhauntedhayrides.com

Located in Upstate New York, just above Albany, Double M's Haunted Hayride is the capital region's premiere haunted attraction! 2007 will mark our 16th year in the business attracting 20,000 plus patrons each season. Employing over 70 people. Double M is a multi element attraction which includes the highlighted 30 minute hayride with 22 +/- scenes, a haunted house, a haunted outdoor maze and new for this year a day time corn maze & hayride geared to the little screamers. The Double M Haunted Hayrides has become a huge Halloween tradition in this area with so many repeat customers year after year!

Our Haunted Hayride is located behind our retail business', The Double M Western & Tack Stores which has been a family business and local landmark for over 40 years. Based on our western retail business and weekly rodeos in the summer our Hayride is themed Western with Scary Harry, the haunted cowboy being our spokesperson.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that has mentioned Terror on the Fox in this thread, your thoughts are very appreciated.

Take care,

Tattoo
                              Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Did anyone see the new Best Haunt Logo on the front page of the site? Its a new image I had made by Brainstorm and its in our blog. Check it out.

Larry
                                Larry Kirchner
                                President
                                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                                X