Best Haunted Houses... Please Nominate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Haunted Houses... Please Nominate

Okay folks... please nominate the best haunted houses, haunted attractions, home haunts whatever...

Tell me which haunts you think are the best and why?

This will be published in the next Hauntworld Magazine.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Okay Folks... the past few years we've been doing a list of the best haunts in America. This list has been published in USA TODAY, and so many more I can't even tell you...

Please nominate a haunted house, tell us why, send us a link to their website, or video on utube. Your haunt CAN make this list... Last year we featured HOME HAUNTS (actully two of them) so we're looking for any type of haunt, home haunts to hayrides or whatever.

You can post your nominations on our board http://hauntworld.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=7983

Or here or to my private email darkrides@sbcglobal.net

The next list will be published in July!

Thanks
    Larry Kirchner
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Ok, am nominating The Haunted Vineyard, formerly in California.

www.thehauntedvineyard.com

The team that built it do attractions for Disney, Universal and many movies. If you get the Haunted Media issue with the video about it, your jaw will drop in amazement at the detail and storyline attention.
      The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Home Haunt Nomination

I nominate the "DC Cemetery" in Mountain View, CA. http://www.dc-cemetery.com

Their props and attention to detail far surpass most pro-haunts.
        Brent Ross
        DC Design Studio, LLC (AKA DC Props)
        P.O. Box 132
        Mtn. View, CA 94042
        info@dcprops.com
        Ph. 650-962-9254
        Fax. 302-338-0550
        www.dcprops.com

Comment

USS Nightmare... -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My nomination

I'm terribly proud of FrightTown, here in Portland, OR.

http://www.frighttown.com

We've got three attractions in 40,000 square feet, our own Halloween TV special and we're proud to say that there is not one single substance that a person can excrete that we didn't scare out of someone at least once.

I personally think that the West is the great frontier for pro haunting now (hooray for Vegas TW!!!) and it would be great to get some attention from a promotion like this out this way.

Thanks!
            Baron Von Goolo's Museum of Horrors & Food Court of the Damned, at FrightTown

Comment

Of course Verdun Manor for their wonderful attention to detail, But I also wanna say that Cutting Edge in Ft. Worth is one of my all time favorites.
              www.Cuttingedge.com

Todd James and his crew always do a good job every year when I go to visit them.

Other than the ones in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, I cant really vote for any others.

EXCEPT FOR..... DREAM REAPERS!!

Dream Reapers is probably the most fun haunted house that I've been too. It's more of the interaction between the patrons and the actors that I like the most.

My all time favorites will be in that order:
              1.Verdun Manor
              2.Cutting Edge
              3.Dream Reapers
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

BEST haunts

I have to agree with Nightgore and nominate THE USS NIGHTMARE.

Every year they seem to add something new and just set the best atmos-fear! It truly is a one of a kind and tops on my list.

www.ussnightmare.com

Check out some of the pics of the actual boat in action and construction pics at Randy Karshner's Haunted Cincinnati site: http://hauntedcincinnati.com/2006rev...nightmare.html

The Drege Crawl video is particulary cool!

Randal's House of Doom has some great pic's and write-up as well:
                http://community-1.webtv.net/haunt66...EOF/page5.html

The original haunted steamboat... Come and get the SHIP SCARED OUT OF YA!
                Knightmare
                ----------------------------------
                Needs more cowbell...

Comment

I nominate Kevin McCurdy's Haunted Mansion!

http://www.thehauntedmansion.com

I nominate this haunt because the sets are great, the actors are very talented, and this haunt is the most unique I have ever seen! Every attracrtion runs along a story line, engulfing the customers with great, scary, and yet entertaining environment.

-Plus I know kevin and his crew have painted and built haunts for larry in the past... So if you look at haunts such as Bayville screampark, you will see the level of detail that goes into a haunt that kevin and his team creates.

-AND Kevin McCurdy's Haunted Mansion placed #1 haunted attraction in the hudson valley!

---Sean O'Malley

Comment

Well, once again some of the most underrated haunts may be overlooked on the annual top haunts list. There are haunts in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana that are incredible and rightfully deserve some recognition for their incredible design, acting and great atmosphere. Here are some that I would like to mention.

Baxter Avenue Morgue (Louisville, KY)
                    http://www.13bats.com

I don't know if you've heard of this haunt or not, but it has gained cult status in Kentucky for being one of the scariest haunts in the United States and rightfully so. The Baxter Avenue Morgue is located in the basement of an actual morgue and once you enter a dark and cold feeling overwhelms you. Many people have chickened out, pissed themselves and just lost control of their bowels. Everything from the incredible acting group that they gather from local creative and performing art groups, to its dark and menacing layout will creep you out to your very core. Before you enter into the haunt you are entertained by a group of actors who perform an accurate Thriller skit with authentic clothing and music. This is an incredible haunt and I know haunts. I visit and review over 50 a year and this is one of the most unique and scary haunts around.

The Haunted Hotel (Louisville, KY)
                    http://www.hauntednetwork.com

The Haunted Hotel is Louisville's oldest and most intense haunt. With almost 20 years under its belt it has scared thousands of people over the years. Located in an actual hotel, this is a haunt that is non stop scares once you enter its dark and damp doors. Using some advanced hollywood props and animatronics and with a handful of intense and in your face actors, its no wonder the police have to block off the streets when this haunt opens. It's crazy, scary and intense as hell. The sound system they use in their haunted elevator costs nearly 10,000 alone and is one of the best in the industry. Even though The Haunted Hotel is a direct competitor of the Baxter Avenue Morgue, they are polar opposites. The Baxter Avenue Morgue is a more theatrical haunt while The Haunted Hotel is an intense and in your face haunt at every angle.

The Haunted School House and Laboratory (Akron, OH)
                    http://www.hshlab.com

Two of the oldest haunts in the country get bigger and better every year. With Hollywood sets and amazing homemade scares, it's hard to beat these haunts. With the largest Tesla coil I've ever seen in a haunt and with some immersive sets it will have you jumping and will put a chill down your spine. While The Haunted School House is a mixed bag of themes, the Haunted Laboratory centers around a haunted school lab gone wrong. It includes evil experiments, large aliens and incredible sets. Both of these haunts are amazing and deserve to be on your list.

The Haunted House (AKA Dent School House) (Cincinnati, OH)
                    http://www.frightsite.com

This haunted house has been a classic for nearly 30 years and while it has set the standard for Cincinnati haunts, it had become stale over time. In 2006 the owners of the home haunts Majestic Nightmare and Nightmare Manor took over and renovated this haunt and now it has become one of the best themed haunts in the state of Ohio. Everything from the school room setting to the old pealing paint on the walls gives you the sense of being in an actual school. This is one of the best haunts around that's been created by people who truly love the industry.

Buford Haunted School (Buford, OH)
                    http://www.claytownshippark.com/HauntedSchool/index.asp

This is one of those gems of a haunt that no one knows about, but is truly one of the scariest places around. Located in a tight and small area of an obanded school is Buford Haunted School. Its rooms are dark and tight and actors are up close and in your face. Characters will pull, bite, turn you around and even blow air in your face. Rooms revolve, trap doors fall and actors emerge from nowhere. This is true terror on a tight budget. Even though this is a charity haunt, it can compete with major big budget haunts any day with its intense actors and scenes. If you can handle this haunt, you can handle any.

There are a lot of incredible haunts in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana and rightfully deserve to be on your list and some have, but the ones that I mentioned are unique and absolutely scary. Dead Acres and USS Nightmare are two that I'm glad you included on last years list. I know the people who run both and they are one of a kind. Some other haunts that should be considered part of your list for the first time and for the second are

Fright Manor (Indianapolis, IN)
                    www.frightmanor.com

Fear Fair (Seymour, IN)
                    www.fearfair.com

USS Nightmare (Newport, KY)
                    www.ussnightmare.com

Dead Acres (Columbus, OH)
                    www.deadacres.com

Middletown's Land of Illusion (Middletown, OH)
                    www.thelandofillusion.com

The Haunted Spook Coop (Waynesville, OH)
                    www.hauntedspookcoop.com

and many more!!

Please remember to visit my site City Blood-Ohio Haunt Reviews (ohioshaunted.com) for the best in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana haunts. You can read full reviews of the best haunts in America and find info, news, pics, forums, articles and much much more.
                    Spooky Wishes
                    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

IMHO, and in no order. Best overall, Dreamreapers, Best sets Terror on the Fox, Best haunt I would most like to see when it is open and staffed: Baxter Ave Morgue. Saw it last year in Feb and it looks like a great haunt. Best haunt I would like to be able to go back and see again: Rockford Screamfest.....
                      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Knott's Scary Farm, yes I consider it an attraction.

Netherworld.

Rocky Point...

Raven's Grin Inn

The Darkness... at least the new waterfall room

Terror On the Fox

Morgan Manor

The Scream Extreme, what they put into an event to give it all to charity deserves some sort of praise.
                        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Doooah, how could I forget my favorite unique haunt Ravens Grinn Inn

Comment

For me Rocky Point was amazing, it has to be the best haunt I have ever seen! I was completely speechless after going through it.
                            And Terror on the Fox, a close second place.
                            Both amazing haunts, glad I don't have them as competitors!

And I'm sure it's tacky to toot my own horn, but if your looking for a home haunt to populate the list...little ol' Heartstoppers Haunted House is pretty great. :wink:

=Joel=
                            Heartstoppers
                            Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                            www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

The fact is there are SO many amazing places out there and we have not seen em all, so I can only go with the ones I have persoanlly seen.. I would have loved to see Rocky Point, but alas, its not in the cards. What I did see on my DVD's I know it wouold be on my personal Favorits as would be Pirates of Emmerson, but I never saw that place live either.....I am excited cause I am going to haunt con and they will have us visiting 10 haunts in 3 days! I am sure there will be many more added to my list after that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X