Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Haunting Adrian Michigan Lowers Prices to the BONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haunting Adrian Michigan Lowers Prices to the BONE!

This year we are doing something different. We are totally focusing on the Haunting and killed all extra events. The Haunting is now the largest it's ever
    been in 17 years of production. We still have a week to go and are ready for visitors right now so we have even more time to perfect the show.

We slashed prices from $13.50 - $20 ticket to only $5 with coupon on Fridays and groups of 20 or more can get in for only $5 per person.

I'm confident this new pricing will do 2 things.
    1. Boost volume attendance dramatically.
    2. Give haunted house lovers a chance to visit other haunted houses

We've found that in our area haunts including ourselves have priced themselves out of reach of many. I remember a time when people would
    visit 6-10 haunts a season, now we are lucky if people can afford one or two a season. The economy is very bad in our area and I hope this
    shows some good will and even helps keep the industry alive and kicking for more seasons to come.

Good luck to all this season!
    The Haunting
    www.myhaunting.com
    Last edited by myhaunting; 09-23-2011, 08:36 AM.

Always have heard good things about your guys haunt. Finally will get to check it out this season!

Comment

Interesting strategy, please keep us informed.
      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Very interesting!

I like the idea! What happens if they dont have the coupon they still pay the $13..something? Please keep us updated on how that works out.
        David "Pug" DeChamps
        Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

in this economy this might be a wise move.

interesting to see how this goes for you. I'm sure your customers will appreciate the fact that your quality haunt is really AFFORDABLE..... keep us posted.... good luck !!!!! no frills, just great scares..... continued success !!!

Comment

Yes, I am interested to see how this goes. I would love to drop the price and see more patrons.

Please keep us updated.

john

Comment

Price Drop

Well to update you. The community is responding as well as the press. I just acquired, without soliciting, a $2500 in kind sponsorship from a major newspaper in Toledo OH (The Free Press). I also got front page coverage of my local paper, The Telegram. So in those 2 examples I have had some success. The price without the coupon is $10, just so you know. Sometimes you have to scale back to re-build anew.

We open next weekend, Sept 30- Oct 1. Part of the scaling back is dropping Sundays. This will be a blessing for the staff and actors. 12 days to make a go of the season instead of 22 days. Let's hope this all works out.

Thank you for your support!

Comment

trade deals are always a good move as long as you get your true value in return.....

your low prices will probably attract larger families with kids who normally couldn't afford to go to a haunt. this could work for you BIG TIME !!!And, if your haunt is really great, good news travels FAST !!!!! In these HORRIBLE $$$$ times, FAMILY FRIENDLY is the way to go !!!!!! You're now a SPECIALTY...... run with it !!!!!!!!good luck !!!! Your original concept here could be the NEW FUTURE OF HAUNTING (in this type of economy)

Comment

I have always been an advocate of reducing admission if it helped the bottom line but have never worked out the proper formula. Its a double edged sword. If you drop prices and attendance stays the same or raises a bit you can be in big trouble. If you raise prices and see a slight drop you have fewer customers but slightly more money with less wear and tear on equipment and staff. Personally I would drop my ticket to $1 or $2 if there was some guarantee 100,000 people would show. If prices are too low the perceived value is lowered. In some cases people prefer to pay slightly more for the same haunt thinking its gotta be better if they want more money than the other guy. There is always increased advertising which can help and hurt . Advertising gets your brand out but isnt helping the bottom line if it only brings in what it cost . I think overall perseverance and patience will pay off . If your name has been around several yrs you will get into a groove and people naturally seek you out .
                  I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

you guys open yet ?

how's it going with the low prices ? keep us updated, and good luck !!!!!!

Comment

I don't like the idea at all. The more people you have the more problems you have and the more wear and tear on your actors. They'll hate you!

Me personally, I'd rather have 15k people paying $20 a person than 30k people paying $10 a person. Less people, equal or better yet more money seems the wise move.

Don't get me wrong it's an admirable thing but less people more money sounds better than packing your house full of rift-raft and headaches because now you've priced it to where the idiots can afford it. Someone paying $20-$30 or more for a ticket is not willing to risk getting thrown out, charge a little bit and they are ready to start swinging!

Also, some might think "lowest price" might been it's low quality and not worth more...

DA

Comment

See you guys Saturday night. You'll be our first haunt of the season.

Comment

Thanks!

Let us know when you come through. We'd like to hear your thoughts. The actors are off to a great start. Worked a ton of bugs out last night. A few more to tackle this week but all reports from visitors are very positive.

Comment

Working...
                          X