Car Bash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Bash

We have a run down Ford Minivan that the owner has donated to us to use in a hayride. Really don't have the time to make a good prop out of it so we are thinking of doing a car bash. We would obviously have this in a area away from wandering foot traffic. The van still has all it's windows. So, wondering if it would be safe enough to tape the inside of the windows, tape headlight/taillights, and have patrons wear safety goggles (as well as no open toed shoes).... or is this a liability nightmare. Have them sign a waiver? Who would NOT want to smash a minivan... we have all been stuck behind a slow moving one at least once.

Also, charge more for windshield/windows as those are obviously the most fun?

I would bust the windows out and remove all of the glass pre-patron abusing.

And make sure your waiver is iron-clad...
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

I have been debating about the windows, so many of them and they look like a blast to bust out. We are planning on draining all fluids including removing gas tank. What about the windshield? That should be designed to not disintegrate into many small pieces right?

Comment

Differences in auto glass

Some used to ball-up with round edges but I don't think they do that anymore, mostly. "Safety Glass" can be a misnomer as evidenced by law suits from people who basically had their faces cut off in wrecks by the glass. The impact threw them into the glass, it broke then a downward force pulled their chin into the edge and it went through and upward .
        A detective hired by the major car companys retired here in this little town and informed me of these things.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X