Holy cow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy cow

I want to tell you that I personally have spent 80% of my time NOT selling attractions, NOT working on my haunted house but WORKING on Hauntworld.com. I want to do certain things with this site and support all the advertisers of the site like never before... I have spent thousands of hours, and hundred thousand dollars maybe.

What are the results of all the hard work... TRAFFIC UP on Saturday September 24th 70.1% over same day last year. YES READ THAT AGAIN 70% MORE TRAFFIC than last year same weekend same Saturday.

SEVENTY PERCENT... THIS IS SICK!

I'm not pretty proud of myself and all the hard work I put into this for THE ADVERTISERS and the INDUSTRY!

Hauntworld is here and its helping send your business ... BUSINESS!

I will NOT stop I will keep going!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Thank You!!!!

Thanks!!!! The fourms are greatly appreciated!!!! I have learned so much from them. Thanks again!!!

Comment

Anyone with a hiy counter on there site...

Anyone with a hit counter on their site seing similar? I believe him! My own personal corn maze website is similar. Easy to track week to week...year to year. just jot down hits on calendar date by your desk. Amazing to see trends like this! Hey people got their heads on straight again...got debt paid down with income they have these last few years. And we are once a year occasion. This season should rock!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

thats awesome larry!
        our personal site is up almost 5X the traffic of last year, JUST from Search Engine searches, and social networking.
        it seems as though this is going to be a HUGE year for the industry!
        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Now I KNOW you won't believe me when I say this but its TRUE... Hauntworld.com was up 81.9% FRIDAY from LAST year FRIDAY to this year FRIDAY up 81.9%. Its like last year we did 10k and this year we did 18k ... but it was more than that I'm just giving an example.

In Ohio for example we had 11,000 more banner click thru in 2011 than we had in 2010. This means we had 11,000 more clicks from the Ohio page directly into Ohio Haunted House pages from banners. This would not include the increase click through rates for profile just banners.

11,000 MORE... HOLY COW!

We are rocking right now simply rocking.

We will be doing just about everything different next year with our directory. The cost of running this site is simply to much now, way to much. We will probably boot off every single profile that doesn't have a banner linked back to ours... that will save us money. We'll have to do something to save money because the cost of MORE traffic means MORE we pay out. Yes I want more traffic but if I get more traffic I have to charge more for what we do or find ways to cut costs. The one thing I know for sure... I'm NOT ever going to turn away traffic! LOL

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

well Hell Yeah...

Hell yeah..the Haunted Hoochie is in Ohio

soo just noticing the trackback numbers on ohios page...
            how is it that many of the haunts with the most track backs end up on page 2 and 3...with tons of haunts with zero land on page one :roll:...haha...lame:roll:
            in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
            www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

I know you are thinking there he goes again... I know you are thinking he can't be telling the truth but...

Hauntworld.com up 84.9% last night (Saturday) over same Saturday last year. Yes 84.9%.

We are sending MASSIVE amounts of traffic MASSIVE!

If you dont' have a banner on the site you better get one quickly!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

Larry, I have to give you a pat on the back for this one. I used to work for another event here in Illinois. 5 - 6 years ago all of our referrals tracked right back to a local haunt referral site. Today you are on in the top listings for referrals and on some days beating the local site in the traffic you push to our website. Yes, I did not buy the premiere add from either of you guys.... From my experience I can say 100% that you are actually sending more people to a haunted house website today than you did 5 years ago. That is cool… and for those of us just starting out this is a huge help… THANKS!!!!!!!!!

NOTE: the edit is because I checked my referrals. The day I looked at I did get more referrals from HauntWorld, but overall I got more from the state specific site. Still awesome for a fee service from both of them. I just figured I needed an edit since my original post was inaccurate...
                Last edited by dr0zombie; 10-02-2011, 05:53 PM.
                http://www.innerfears.com/
                http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

I want to tell everyone something... when I take your money, when I agree to do something for you, I do it. I do EVERYTHING I say I'm going to do 110% or I do NOT do it... If I make a video I make a 2 hour video not a 45 minute video like some. Whether you bought a $100 ad or spent $2500 my goal is the same for all of them... do exactly what I said I would do.

I will have to admit that in the years past although we did a great job we kept letting people down because the site would crash or whatever... I look at Hauntworld like a travelocity type website, only difference is I'm doing everything by myself. I don't have millions of dollars to go out there and hire all these people to do this that and the other. We have a team now a very small team but a team all the same, and every dollar I've taken in is what I've been spending to keep this team in place.

We are growing. And everytime I think of some crazy idea, I do it, money is no object. I run this site like I do my own haunt, first class, no expense spared. I really feel this year I've dedicated myself to learn about SEO, spent the money to do things that had to get done, and I've spent thousands of my own personal time working on this site... hoping to send you MORE customers.

Patti sold the ads, and she's done amazing. I have worked on the site with my web developers. I'm still working on NEW idea's so look out.

My goal is to send you more traffic two or three or four to one any other site on the web aside from Google (LOL). I won't stop trying until I've achieved that.

Good luck in your season.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry, why do you think people won't believe you?

Comment

This past Saturday between Hauntworld.com, HauntedHouseOnline, HauntedHouseMagazine.com we did about 120,000 visitors.

That is 120,000 people who saw YOUR banners!

Traffic on Hauntworld.com was up about 91% this past Saturday. We are pretty ecstatic. I hope everyone is seeing a ton of traffic from our sites. Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

What this has convinced me of is that putting in free listings on Hauntworld seems pretty worthless, at least if you are in my area. While these hundreds of thousands of people have been going through Hauntworld this past week, 1... yes that is 1!!! person clicked from Hauntworld to my site. Social Media seems to be my best way to get people to my site, followed by references from a few other sites.
                        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

This should prove to everyone the power of Search Engine Optimization.

Larry is using SEO to drive traffic to his site, this is the best kind of traffic because it is people actively looking for what you are offering!! I have seen how well he is ranking and i am not surprised by these increases in traffic at all, doing great.
                          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Thanks Larry. You're the (haunt) man!
                            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Couple things...

TO the person who said its worthless to have a FREE listing... first off your profile is not even totally set up right. you have no photos, no videos, dont' know if you have twitter but its not listed, you have very little content on your page... you can offer more information, better directions and you can create an entire blog about your event. In the back end you didn't set up your title tags, meta tags nothing.

Lastly but not least your site itself is not good... not at all. So let me say if you are trying to do this all for profit you have to be willing to invest money into your image online, graphics, website, banners, everything. Without all that you can't expect to do as well as you could otherwise. If you want to raise your traffic you have to invest more of your time, and money to do so.

Last but not least let me say you are not totally right since your profile is newer but you've had about 200 clicks into your profile and only 3 click throughs to your website. So the whole comment you made brings up an interesting conversation...

Your click through is less than 1%. The Darkness click through rate from profile to haunt is around 22%. The average on the site is usually 15-20% and yours is very low... I suggest you upgrade your listing with better information. EVERYONE should invest MORE to create their profile... get good graphics, videos, images, and more and the click through rate will increase.

As for the free listing to paid listing... yes without a doubt.

We allow free listings and some get a lot of traffic, but we will not apologize for doing EVERYTHING we can to send TRAFFIC to paid listings and banners over anything FREE all day long... see the point is I can't even have this site if not for those who support it with marketing dollars. It will cost about $200,000 this year to have this site online.

We need MORE paid advertisers NOT less...

Buying Hauntworld.com is SMART business.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X