Black Maze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Maze

I am currently working with a local haunted house and helping them build for the 2012 season. We are working on a black maze and came accross this question. This might be hard to explain but I will do my best. We are building wall panels in the black maze and they were wondering if they needed to cover both sides with plywood or could they keep one side uncovered. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Could this cause injury or risk to guest since one side the 2 X 4 are not covered by plywood?
    David "Pug" DeChamps
    Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

I would panel both sides, personally. You never know when a screw is gonna pop through to cut someone's hand open or worse.

Comment

Thank you!

That also was my first thought as well. I will pass that feedback along to them, which should help them make an informed choice!
      David "Pug" DeChamps

Comment

We do only one side.. never had a problem. Of course we use short screws and check to make sure nothing is sticking through.

Comment

One side for me
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Double sided, makes it easier to get lost (they have no reference to one side of the panel or the other).

Additionally, if you run saws or other "scary" things in the maze, we've found that the double sided panels are quite a bit stronger, especially when someone takes of running from one of the saw actors.

My 2c.
            -Brandon Kelm
            Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_K View Post
              Double sided, makes it easier to get lost (they have no reference to one side of the panel or the other).

Additionally, if you run saws or other "scary" things in the maze, we've found that the double sided panels are quite a bit stronger, especially when someone takes of running from one of the saw actors.

My 2c.
              Good point.

Comment

Thank you!

Once again thank you everyone for adding your input to this matter! This is why I love this industry and this forum!
                David "Pug" DeChamps

Comment

with no sets and no detail I say beyond a shadow of a doubt single sided
                  I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X