Groupon Type Deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brett,

I could sit down with you and or a group of say 10 haunt owners for say 3 hours. By the time I got done with you, and after you used these techniques your attendance would go up huge... it would take me a few hours to show you looking at a computer, explaining things in person to make you understand a lot of the things I do, can do, things I've invested money into blah, blah. Somethings look great on the surface but if i took a calculator and showed you with math you'd go OH I SEE NOW... yeah that way would be better.

I could afford to do the Groupon thing just to get the insight. I have checked my site stats and its nothing compared to the other things I do... its a blip!

Trust me when I say you could take that same cheap approach that you take with groupon and put in somewhere else and get 50 times the benefit. You talk about mass emails in your area of 35,000...I've built up a huge amount of mass email probably in the range of 100,000. I did it all FREE! NO GROUPON!

Next time I see you its on! LOL

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

off / challenge taken

I will take that offer to sit down with the master for three hours. Legends or Transworld? LOL

This could be a great roundtable for TW, whoever is out there setting it up, Ben or TG?

Larry, our markets are very different. You are in a metro area of 3,000,000 and I am in a small town of 17,000, county of 35,000 within 25 miles of Ft Wayne (300,000). Our customers in our city and county amount to 17% of our total the last four years. Our increases have been from outside the traditional 15-20 mile radius. The groupon buyers were nearly all from outside our immediate area as well.

Let me know what time and date you are free.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Larry thank you for the info. I would love to here how you built up your email base. Sence your all about promoting the industry and sence must of us here buy your ad space . Please share with us your knowledge

Comment

Long read but worth every second...

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2011-...arvest-yelp/2/
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Quanity versus quality

And so busy, working so hard to negative comments, making very little profit...sounds great if you are the customer!
            "Let's give away the store and see if that makes people happy!"
            "HHHMMM?"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Small, rural Haunts

Do better working on their "Demon-Graphics' first.
              When starting out everytime I capitulated on my ticket price and gave a discount, those getting that discount would joyously inform the others arriving after them that they had only paid "X" amount! Rubbing their nose in it, making them feel stupid! The customers who were willing to pay full price to support me! = SO WRONG!
              A deal I once tried were discount tickets for Wed. & Thurs. only. People bought these tickets via a radio station give away and then they would drive 45 miles to get here on a Friday or Saturday and then was I supposed to send them back down the road with those Wed/Thurs. tickets? "Come back again on the right night!" Sure. that makes for good vibes toward any business=Wrong! So increasing my mid-week business worked -NOTTA!
              Almost every patron coming through my door has driven 60 to 120 miles or more to arrive here, their need or desire to see my house will not be solely "fueled" by a discount ticket, they have to want to be here to take the time, effort, expense to make it happen for them... somehow I don't see the coupon-clipper/ bargain basement mind in that picture.
              We might give such a deal a try one time in the dregs of winter, this would be interesting to measure.
              When a first time visitor first lays eyes on me and begins saying , "HI PAL!" or "BUDDY!" the next thing will be them asking for a discount. Usually because they just drove "X" miles to get here!! (Most everybody does!)
              No discount because I feel I have worked long and continiously here to create something different, special which should never need to be discounted or given away.(Priced resonably so there's your "Discount" relative to a dollar's valuation)
              If they really are just tourists, then my place can also have appeal whereas it's historic value and maybe the odd fact that I have built 98% of this place Myself, maybe that would make it worth seeing?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Just an FYI to anyone that may want to go the Groupon route...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45398235.../#.TsupqfLeLbk
                http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Working...
                X