Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to protect fog machine from outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to protect fog machine from outdoors?

I was wondering we plan on using our fog machines in our outside cemetery. During the haunt it may rain, get dew, frost etc. I know these elements are no good for the unit. What is the best way to protect this product? Thanks

Your best bet is make a coffin without a bottom and put a hole for the fog blower out one end of the coffin that will be hidden from sight.

Brian

Comment

I was thinking of getting a small rubbermaid to fit over the unit upside down and cut a hole on the side with a pipe. WIll it overheat?

Comment

Protecting fog machines

HauntedDedEnd~

To be perfectly, honest I would advise against using any thing plastic to protect the fog machines against weather just due to the fact that the heat produced from the fog machine needs to disappate from around the fog machine and a "vent hole" or pipe just doesnt cut it. (burned up one fog machine making that mistake )

What we do for our fully outdoor haunt, is we have wooden "produce" boxes , they are a little bit bigger than a fog machine and they are "slatted" to allow air around the fog machines. These CAN be esaily hidden from view behind a grave stone and or any other decoration.

They can also be painted, they take paint quite nicely. Also we bring our foggers in at the end of the night. Granted we only use about 4 foggers in our haunt so its not too time consuming to bring them in. Obviously if you have ALOT or they are in "odd places" thats not entirely feaseable.

Also a LITTLE BIT of moisture wont hurt the foggers. Like a slight dew or drizzeling rain. As long as the foggers don't get soaked.

Just something to think about.
        ~LoneWolf

Comment

Thanks that's a great idea

Comment

Working...
          X