Looking for a Forest Trail scare idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Forest Trail scare idea

We have a wooded trail, forest where we lead a group of victims through to start our event. Last year our storyline surrounded around crops being destroyed by what the old farmer thought was kids but it ended up being his scarecrow as the killer. This year we are using the farmers crops were destroyed by wild animals and that whoever steps on his property he is seeking revenge. This is the story line in a nutshell the tour guide will give.
    Here is my scare factor. Last year half way through the trail the tour guide was startled by a sound shined a flashlight on the area the noise was coming from (which was an old man dummy laying next to a rock) and a "Gillie suit" monster came at the guests scaring the crap out of them. This year we are thinking similar set up different story line. BUT this time the dummy farmer will be a live actor and next to the live actor a "treeman" will run after them. I am thinking this scare factor might be weak. Any suggestions? Thanks

some of the best scares are using the person's mind against them. how bout things in the shadows which follow them but they never see? I've seen an all dark haunt where people where followed by people just wearing nightvision googles.

Comment

SO actors wearing all black? This is just an intro to the entire event so the story teller guides then with a 2-3 minutes story then the scares and the group continues on and the tour guide goes back for group#2. The trail is lit up and pretty well opened.

Comment

All black with night vision goggles which aren't super expensive. This was the 75% of the haunt they followed you and you followed the red lights on the floor. if someone gave up a victims name that was funny cuz they harassed them the whole time. You could make it a section there your lead has just a flash light.

Comment

I don't think they will need night vision since the trail will be lit. (for safety reasons) I think we can use a yellow light facing the guest and all black costume jump out of them sinc guests will be blinded

Comment

Ground holes?

If you've ever seen a duck hunting blind, you can imagine what I'm talking about. Take a 4x8 sheet of plywood and cut a door out of the center. Put a hinge on the door. Dig a hole on the side of the trail and lay the panel over it where an actor can hide inside. Cover it with leaves and plants to make real. Whenyour victims walk by, your actor can jump out of the trap door and scare the crap out of everyone!
            http://www.myspace.com/scareview

Comment

My haunt has about 300 feet of woods followed by a large cornmaze and will be an alldark haunt.

We plan on using a lot of brain teasing for our scares, being that patrons wont see anything or the scares when they hit. We have a ghillie suite in the woods that will consist of an old cemetery.

There might be a couple of chain saw guys out in the corn field along with the duck blind theary.

A few evil scarecrows and other stuff that I wont share because you MN Twin Cities people will just to have to come find out what else is in store.

Anyway keep up the ideas cause I could use a few as well.

Brian (Mr. Haunt)
              Axdahls Haunted Farm
              www.axdahlfarms.com

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. We have the chainsaw in the cornfield as well. Last year we had the Ghillie suit in the woods which is why we want to change it up. The woods are a nice walk to start and last year the ghillie suit got them good since they were focused on the storyteller focusing the flashlight onto the dummy next to the rock which had patrons focused on the dummy and not the Ghillie suit but we figured year 2 past patrons will think the same thing will happen.

Comment

PUT THE GHILLIE SUITE IN A DIFFERANT PLACE!

Brian
                  www.axdahlfarms.com

Comment

We wanted to move the Ghillie suit to the cornfield which is why I asked a different character in the woods. Allen had some great videos on a live tree so we are tinkering with that idea. I was thinking about something dropping from the "sky"

Comment

The live tree video sounds cool!

You could revamp the ghillie suite with corn stalks, thats one idea I to have tossed around and I think I will still do it cause it's just a matter of building it. My design is not of a costume but a large piece that goes over the entire actor and looks like a large bushel of corn stalks. It would have suspender type straps to go over the shoulders is one of the ideas I had.

Brian
                      Axdahls Haunted Farm

Comment

Working...
                      X