Not openining in 06? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not openining in 06? :(

So, my last post said we were almost 90% built. Yesterday I get a call from the firemarshal and bldg inspector. After they had approved everything I wsa doing in May, they now have decided they do not want my place up. I am sick to my stomahce and mad as hell, but there is NOTHIING I can do. You know, I had forgotten what it was like to cry, but now I know. The worst thinkg is I had assembled a great team and this year was gonna rock.....I am going to spend my free time driving around trying to find a bldg in a different city, but with less than a month to go I think I am screwed.

Good luck to the rest of you and maybe I can visit some of your places...

Ron
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Ron, I can't believe it! Was there any particular reason you are being denied? Is there an appeal process you can take? I'm devastated for you my friend! Damn! I wish there was something I could do from my end to help. :cry: I'll keep hoping that something will change and you will be able to post a "good news" update. I know how you must be feeling right now. Wow! I don't know what else to say. I am so sorry to hear the news...

Kel
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

oh man.. that sucks! Sorry to hear about that. We`ll keep our fingers crossed that you find another place in time. Good luck and keep your head up!!!
      www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

That sucks. The worst thing is that the people who have crushed your year have no idea of the importance to you. People outside the haunt world think that its no bigger deal than cancelling some kids birthday party.
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Oh no, Triple x!!!!
          Say it ain't so! :cry: I am so sorry, Sweetheart. I so much know how you feel. The same happened to me three years ago. My good vibes are with you in either finding another location or fighting the powers that be. Please keep us informed.

Comment

Good luck, man.
            The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Wow, really sorry to hear that. Did you ask why the change of heart?

Comment

My stomach turned as I read your message. It's so unfair and I've heard it happening to other haunts before - but never other businesses outside the haunt-industry. I hope something changes in your favor so you can still open up this Fall. You guys are in our thoughts/prayers... I hope something changes soon for you. Why does crappy crap happen to such good people?
                Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
                The White Star Farm
                "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

Comment

Ron, I am so sorry to hear that. My stomach dropped when I read the title of your post. What was the reason they gave for changing their minds? I don't understand their logic sometimes...it just makes no sense! I am sending good vibes your way and hoping that there is something that can be done to get you open this year!
                  www.mindseizure.com
                  www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Good luck in your search for a new location. I hope you can find something that works out for you in time to open....
                    http://www.innerfears.com/
                    http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Dude,
                      I don't understand. If yur in compliance with all their demands & they decided to shut you down with no supporting reasonz then I would hire an attorney to write a letter to the Mayor or something. A demand letter should only cost about $300 or so.
                      I'm not sure of the exact circumstances of yur situation cuz you didn't elaborate too much on their reasonz, but a letter by an attorney claiming undue financial hardship might let them know yur serious.
                      It also tellz em that yur not one to take this crap laying down & you may even have groundz for a lawsuit. If you can prove opression, you can also ask for punitive damages. First, get the fire dept. to give you their exact reasonz for changing their position and get it in writing!
                      Get their exact position here. Why can't this be overcome? What did they demand that you can't fix? If they gave prior approval and now they aren't, then there must be a reason.... One that can be addressed & overcome. It would be ubercool if you got the fire marshal on tape asking for a bribe! :lol: Hey, don't laugh... I've seen stuff like that!
                      Anyway, good luck bro & don't die yet.

Comment

Something smells fishy here...
                        Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Sorry Dirk.

Comment

If you followed through with all of their rules, regulations, etc... they CAN'T shut you down. I agree... something smells fishy!

Come to KY... Here, firemarshalls just don't care. If you donate some $$$ to a charity, then they'll let you do almost anything. May be bad business... but if it's the only way, DO IT! LOL!

I feel so bad for you right now.... I hope that something will clear through and you can operate. If not, I will send ALOT of thoughts/best wishes your way for an amazing '07! -Tyler
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I know you are probably on the phone 24/7 right now, but remember to call me back. If there is anything, and I mean anything we can do to help you out, please let me know.

Tattoo
                              Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Working...
                              X