Private Investors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Investors

How can you attract them to invest in your haunt?

Just like trying to get a bank loan. You have to bring them a business plan and they need to believe in the project.

Comment

Honestly, especially when starting out, your best bet is people you know. Mom, Dad, Aunt Mary, Cousin Don, best friend, whatever. You have to get pretty lucky to get a stranger to invest in an unknown and unproven venture. Not saying it is impossible, but it doesn't happen very often.

Dave
      Lords of Chaos, LLC
      House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

20 years ago after I got two investors for a very small sum of money to work with, a local girl just out of high school called me one night and wanted me to tell her how she could approach people successfully obtaining money from them to make a movie she and her friends thought they wanted to make?
        "How much money would be looking for?"
        "$500,000.oo." was her figure.
        I could have bought half this town's houses and downtown buildings for that much money!
        "Sorry . Honey, I sure wouldn't have a clue as how to successfully smooze THAT much money from anyone!"

She went to school , learned how to operate a real movie camera, was a camera operator on some real movies, was doing a non-union camera job, fell from a scaffold, perminently injured herself, will never be able to hold a heavy camera again(according to her Mother)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Be wary of investors. When at all possible do it yourself. When people, even people you know, lay out money they tend to think it intitles them to creative input. Pretty soon they want to OK themes, dictate room designs, give you input on your advertising, etc.

As soon as you tell them that YOU make the creative decisions you start getting responses like " well since I own XXX percentage of this thing I think I am entitled to call a few of the shots here!" Unfortunately people with money seldom have very creative ideas (if they did they would have done it themselves without you!)

If you have partners that invest both fiananclally and creatively set up ground rules FIRST and be very decisive. More friendships have been destroyed over fianancial arrangements!!
          R&J Productions
          Las Vegas, NV
          www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
          X