• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Logo...maybe just working on ideas

Any ideas or comments
    David "Pug" DeChamps
    Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

logo

Im assuming you want honest opinions here and this is just mine and i dont mean alot to anyone so take this with a grain of salt. If this is for a haunted house then to be brutally honest its not scary it looks kinda Kiddish....
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

You want real criticism? Right? My first impression of it was - Do I really need a haircut from a doctor in China? or maybe a chinese doctor? lol j/k but seriously, just like tater said if its for a haunt, I feel its not scary enough as well. I'm sure some people on here can throw ideas at ya, to get ya a better looking logo. Just my 2 cents, please take with a grain of salt as well.

Comment

I will offer the dissenting opinion that the horror in it sneaks up on you innocently, the hint of blood on the mirror, the bloodlust in the eyes. VERY subtle.

I went the simplistic route myself, my avatar is my logo, a line drawing of a horse and logo. In an age where every kid can see gorgeous rendered fantasy creatures in any TV commercial and home game the hand drawn and subtle logo actually DOES stand out and makes you remember more. (just got my trademark registration after 2 years of it, YEAH!)

Run with it, David. When you have a world that feels that super decorated highly expensive Hollywood wannabes will equal sucess, don't forget the girls will probably scream the loudest from threads hanging down, and the little ones will get their biggest smiles from the toy spiders as souveniers for having survived.

Least that is my own opinion
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Hmmm...

Well I would have to agree that its not very scary. But it really just depends on what you're going for really. To each their own.

If you're trying to be a scary haunt I would try something different.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I agree with Larry, if you are trying to be a scary haunt, I would try something else. Maybe cut off the character and try going the route of just the tools/torture implements? Perhaps on a tray? Maybe on a darker background? Add the saw blade to the tools pile?

If your heart is set on keeping the doctor (I do like the touch with the saw blade instead of a mirror), maybe make him less cartoonish.

I like the tag line, maybe instead of a doctor you can have a girl with wide eyes whose mouth is covered by a hand or something?

There's my two cents.
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

In my Art Director mode; get rid of the kiddie looking font, find a san serif font that has a fractured look. Replace the cartoon with a real person in a similar costume.

Comment

Originally posted by SpFXChic

I like the tag line, maybe instead of a doctor you can have a girl with wide eyes whose mouth is covered by a hand or something?

I like this idea a lot. And with my honest opinion, like everyone else said, it is kiddish, and the logo probably wouldn't entice your typical teenage couple to go to it.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Depending on what your objectives are this logo may work and may not.

One the owner of the attractions knows what their market so who knows.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

yeah after taking a 2nd look at it...it is kiddish and i love the idea of the girl with the hand over her mouth that would fit perfect...Not sure if i can pull that off but i will try...
                    David "Pug" DeChamps
                    Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

Here. I whipped something up kinda on the fly:

Comment

What do you guys think of this remade logo?

Sean
                        Sean De Wane
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        The De Wane Asylum
                        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Maybe you need a definate character for your place, a two-headed, hunchback goon, "It's Dee and Wayne!" Male and female, neither one looking to happy or beautiful. Constantly squabbling in public...
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

your text looks a hell of alot better, and youre headed in the right direction. But the Character still seems out of place. Yes, it no longer looks kiddish, but it does just look like to stole some picture, and put a blade on his forehead...

as jim said, you need something to define your place as different, not just some place that found a picture online...

Also, PM me, I need to speak with you about some work we did in the past.
                            www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                            www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

First, the revised logo looks infinitely better than your original. However, I would flip the location of your doctor. Put him on the right instead of the left. Text should generally be on the left or in the dead center.

The doctor looks better as well; however, he might look better with with crazy looking eyes looking out above his mask. Also change the color of your text to blood red with some blood dripping down. There is too much "blue" in your logo.
                              The Haunter's Depot
                              www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Working...
                              X