Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did everyone's first opening weekend go?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did everyone's first opening weekend go?!

I don't know about other areas of the country, but Buffalo, NY had some pretty miserable weather this past weekend. On the plus side this whole upcoming week is supposed to be nice!

We certainly learned a lot just in the past 3 nights of our grand opening for District of the Dead. Couple glitches Friday night, but a good turnout. Saturday night was an awesome crowd, better weather, and much, MUCH more organized as far as actors and glitches fixed. Last night ran just as smooth or smoother and for a Sunday night not too bad a crowd. And we managed to make the news last night!

Without our excellent actors, volunteers, and support from everyone that attended District of the Dead's grand opening over the weekend we would have not had such a screaming good time! Can't thank everyone enough for supporting WNY's Newest & Most Frightening Haunted Attraction, Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo, and The Food Bank of WNY.

Our crew hopes all the other excellent haunted attractions in WNY had a great opening weekend too!

Anyone have any wild or entertaining things that happened on their opening weekend worth sharing??

We had all sorts of issues with one compressor that kept blowing a breaker. I ran laps all night and luckily the breaker was only controlling one pneumatic prop. All is fixed now. 8-)
    District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
    http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

what's up with the t-shirts?

you guys doing any this year? let me know please. send info. thank you !!! good luck this season..... let's go bills !!!!!!! (love it !!!)

Comment

I dunno if people are just Excited about haunted houses this year but we have doubled our first weekend numbers from last year!

Comment

Our first night was good. We did better last year since we were on the main road. The only issue we had on opening night was that our sound system was real soft. I found out that our sub was not turned on. Once the sub turned on, our sound blasted. We shall see how our second night goes this Friday.
        www.nightmareslive.com

Comment

"work,work,work!"

Recently I had "Compressor" problems but then I realised I had only been using the compressoer for nothing more than a quick sound effect and I had assumed it was running right.
          A dedicated line feeding just the compressor solved the problem which I never knew I was having since it never had to actually compress any air before.
          So I get one problem solved (with much work) and a 12 foot tall triple tree stump rotted off at the roots and high winds had it leaning, threatening to crush my main electrical box.
          Should I crawl under the impending trap, cut the electrics loose to save them?
          The weight of the triple stemmed very heavy tree trunk was suppoprted by mainly one 2 by 4 that had been screwed to it now laid on a maze wall that was only 3/8 plywood with a abs x 1 1/2 " rain edging......I decided NOT to crawl under the leaning tree stump. It got to crush my electrical box, then I would re-work the componenets...after I sawed away enough tree to begin to dig to find the buried electrical pvc... "Are we having fun yet?"
          The saving grace was that the tree didnot crush my newest large moving display piece that I had spent a lot of time and effort building then installing it so very recently....
          Personally, I feel I already had Plenty to do before all of this was suddenly "dropped" on my plate.
          Then for many nights now old fans of Ravens Grin show up, not worrying about how long they might have to wait to get in as long as I am the one doing their house tour.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jim!!

And just like WNY, we had crappy rain all weekend here in CT and Fear Factory CT, the place I just started working for just a month or so ago, we didn't do half bad! Despite rain, our numbers doubled every night. So cannot complain! This weekend we have a well known radio host coming down and doing some remote call ins that will probably give us a crazy weekend.

Comment

Working...
            X