Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Press

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/....cspx?rss=3269

The only certainty is that someone's lying about the whole licking thing.

The haunt is pretty clear that this is not standard haunt fare and having guests sign a waiver pretty much seals the deal on liability since words from a theatrical performance are from the character not the individual acting. When the haunt tells you what to expect and then deliver don't piss and moan about it.

Likely very hands-off parents, if they were involved in the decisions their children make they could have likely avoided the situation.

Bad Press is GOOD PRESS, they'll get a minimum 30% overall bump in gate and about 1000% web hits from this as it's now been picked up by national news including MSNBC.

BELOW DIRECTLY FROM SITE

Nevada’s first ever R-Rated Haunted House

WE CREATE OUR OWN NIGHTMARES. The Gates of Hell is a sadistic experiment in absolute sensory overload. You won’t be a spectator. Prepare for heart pounding, claustrophobic terror; face the reality of your own violent death...... and finally experience a slow and painful descent into cold, black nothingness to meet the Prince of Darkness himself. Do you have what it takes? We don’t think so...Your time will come.

-Rated R: Must be at least 14 unless accompanied by parent or Guardian.

-Certain situations may be considered graphic and/ or offensive to some.

Comment

This is very true and I really doubt an actor would lick an unknown person. People freak out and start yelling in haunts I cannot tell you how many times I have heard people swear an actor touched them but the actor never did. not to mention it is a haunt what did the parents think was going to be yelled compliments and stories about puppies, kittens and fluffy cupcakes?
      Not to mention immediately asking for a large sum of compensation sounds allot like a scam to me.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

This is why cameras are helpful.

Comment

house of shock...
          think about it. same concept

this haunt is going to CRUSH it, and their website traffic is going to go through the freaking roof
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

however, 14-17 year olds signing a legal document dosen't mean anything anyway.
            just a waste of paper
            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Sweet

I have a 13 year old daughter. #1 I would go with her (although she would choose not to go). #2 It's an extreme haunt and they make that crystal clear so I would use my judgement... and take her! Hell's yeah. We NEED haunts like these. They are the cool ones that stick their neck out to go above and beyond. We custom made them something very terrifying this year. You have to go... I am not at liberty to say what it is

Doug.
              Last edited by FrightProps; 10-05-2011, 05:50 PM.
              www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
              [Google+] [YouTube]
              [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
                however, 14-17 year olds signing a legal document dosen't mean anything anyway.
                just a waste of paper
                Good point. The whole process just adds marketing flavor and drives a certain segment to the doors as well.

Comment

not good..............

this might work in nyc..... but anywhere else?? dont think so..............really pushing the limit here.... not a good move.....but then, if you want realism.......whos to say..... you were warned !!!!! not for me.....

Comment

I never thought twice about this until I read the post just now. I overheard 2 girls talking about this as the read it on their phone this weekend. Obviously it has an impact in teens in DFW TX are talking about it. Now I know why I had a discussion with 2 teen girls as to it we were going to link them !!!
                    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
                      This is why cameras are helpful.
                      You are absolutely right.

Comment

whats next attempted murder when an actor comes out with a chainsaw?

Comment

ooops sorry, that would be assult with a deadly weapon

Comment

Never say Never!

I heard from an actor who works in a haunted house in Columbia Mo that he said he was doing all sorts of crazy stuff in this haunt including licking customers. I couldnt beleive what I was hearing. He said the owner told him to quit or he was gonna get fired. This isnt the haunted house owners fault but the thing is if they continue they would be held liable. There should a no tolerance for this type of behavior. No second chance! One strike your out! This haunted house used to allow touching but no longer has that rule. And for good reason Im sure!
                            Damon
                            Frightmasters
                            Damon Carson

Comment

Bad Press

I'm very vocal about this "nasty" trend in the Haunt industry. Seriously, if we keep pushing the decency boundary and clearly we are, haunts will be confining themselves to an extreme niche audience. This slice of the pie has its place, no question there, but if we all try to follow the trend of crossing the line, be it the "a" typical abuse of women, nudity and vulgar behavior then communities will respond with their pocket books. You'll also see local governments inspectors and fire marshals be very picky about every code and may not even grant a permit. These are things haunters need to consider when thinking about growing their audience by adding more and more shock value. Like I said, there is an audience for it and I'm only offering my personal opinion. I get beat up pretty bad on this forum for voicing my thoughts about this subject. All I'm trying to do is offer my advice and 17 years experience to those who feel the need to go this route.

Now from a publicity side of this report, it's clearly a set up. A text book right out of Hollywood, find a parent willing to raise a stink, go to the press and then not press charges or even file some kind of law suit. I laughed out loud when the news caster gave the dates and times at the end of the news cast, virtually endorsing the event. A classic way to manipulate the press.

Comment

Working...
                              X