Vandalized!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vandalized!

Had a new experience in the haunt industry today. Arrived at my haunt this morning to find that some one had broken in during the night. Given all the damage they could have done we got very lucky. Nothing got stolen or broken, except for the door the rat bastards got in through. They did however discharge two large fire extinguishers in several rooms. That was a major pain to clean up in time for opening. But, like I said, I consider that getting off easy compared to what they could have stolen and destroyed. It really makes me want to spend the rest of the season camped out in my haunt with a Louisville Slugger for company.
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Oh man!

I hate hearing stories like this.
    I'm glad however to hear the damage was minimal.

Now go out and have great 2nd half!!!!
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

You should attach a car battery to the door tonight and see what happens to them next time?? =) Luckily nothing was damaged and they were just some punk kids. Maybe invest in some IR cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by lurker View Post
        It really makes me want to spend the rest of the season camped out in my haunt with a Louisville Slugger for company.
        Forget Louisville, Mossberg is the game!
        From the guy who lives at his haunt
        http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Comment

Been there!!!!

Done that!!!! Shane and it's I hate a thief! Shane
          sigpic

Comment

I hate to hear this happening to anyone glad it was nothing major though. I hope you catch the little punks
            Proud to be able to work at
            http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

All I can say is if you catch them prosecute - I did and I'm glad. Found out a year later that my conviction lead to a record that resulted in serious time on the next offense. Individuals that do this type of stuff keep doing it and the crime severity typically escalates over time. Help them create a paper trail at the courthouse.

Comment

Wow, that was a close one, Louis. We had an issue with someone breaking into our haunt last year. They didn't steal anything, but took a joyride with the security go-kart around the park. Then ran it into the lake. We had lots of beer cans to clean up and a little bit of damage, but definitely could've been worse. Since nothing looked intentionally damaged or taken, we suspected it was an actor... just couldn't prove anything. Hope you catch them... but we'll be there in 2 weeks and have no problem camping out inside the haunt just waiting for someone to break in!
                Ryan

Comment

Wow! Having had this happen to us in the past, I know how horrible this feels! We now have IR cameras, motion and door sensors installed in our attractions with an alarm system. I wish I could tell you the exact system we purchased, but I don't recall the actual system name; however, I can tell you we got if from X10, http://www.x10.com/minisites/securit...directory.html. They have very affordable systems. We are also very fortunate in that in our location now we have a fantastic neighbor who lives on the hill behind and above our attractions with a birds eye view of the property and he keeps an eye on the property for us as well. I'm glad to hear the damages were minimal and you'll be able to continue on into the season without a problem!

Kel
                  sigpic
                  Kelly Allen
                  Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
                  www.RaycliffManor.com
                  www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
                  www.HauntBook.com

Comment

We're installing an alarm this week for just this kind of reason. (We've been broken in and robbed twice before, the few tools and junk we keep there. But during the season, we don't have the time to spend getting back to where we were. We need all the time we can get to move forward! Good luck!
                    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I've heard from a few people the past couple years here in Virginia that have had problems with these thieves. I agree I hate a thief. My friend just got his car stolen in downtown Richmond last week!

DA

Comment

Working...
                      X