Costume help for serpent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costume help for serpent

I had a great costume made for my gill man ( CFX) at the back door on jumping stilts with hours of airbrushing, greenery and fishnet glued all over a pair of longjohns. It Doesn't fit my actor!!! Someone else is wearing it. I have to start over. I have a black morph suit now for the body, Gillman Prosthetic on face. Any ideas to to cover the morph suit to make it green with scales or anything amazing? ...The jumping stilt guy will have lots of attention this year. I have 2 weeks left to work on something.

Airbrushing would probably still be the way to go, but I think he whould probably be wearing it when you spray it to get the details right and to avoid as much crackling of the paint as possible. I'd hit it was a little detail work like some ultrafine glitter in clear glue or poly to edge out the scales to give them a wet shiny look. It sounds time consuming, but I think it will look neat when done! Good luck!!!
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

use 1/2" upholstery foam and spray adhesive to make scales on the suit. here is a pic of muscles made on a similar fashion
      Musclesuit004.jpg This one happens to be for a predator costume.
      Look at pictures of aligators and the scutes on their back that would be a good way to do the back of him. three or four coats of latex will give it a nice skin.
      then airbrush as normal.
      Once the work is finished on the build up base the suit out in black- then hold a piece of fishnet over it and airbrush it the green color you want it to be. the net acts like a stencil and you will get a really cool scale pattern.
      Allen H
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thank you Allen and Kimmy!!

I want to get to it right now but it's Canadian Thanksgiving...as soon as the table clears and company goes home....I'm going to work!! Thank you!!!!!

Comment

Allen, you really need to be more careful when you're cutting those scales. It looks like you completely lopped off the actor's hands and head! (Maybe you can still use him somewhere else as a corpse.)
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
          X