Unit 70 blood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit 70 blood?

i was wondering if anybody knows how to make the paint color unit 70 uses for there blood? i really like that dark red color. Also intestines for a prop? not great stuff intestines, but realistic intestines. sculpting and the casting? latex and cotton? i am in the middle of making some props and i have come to the part on the gorey blood and the intestines. i am stuck. can any one help?

*honk honk*

BoBo the KlOwN

i would recommend mixing colors.

Comment

yes black and red makes blood, a lil black goea a long way.also i may be wrong on this but if im not mistaken on one of john denelys dvds he shows how to make intestines.i will look through his dvds and find out for sure because i need some intestines myself.i know this much he wasnt using cotton balls or great stuff.it was something hot the guy poured in and worked it

Comment

Blood

I like to start with Bright red acrylic, and add burnt umber and raw sienna. then a little black. But be careful with the black.
        Burnt umber makes it dirty, and raw sienna helps make it more brownish like iodine or oxidized or dried blood. Yellow counteracts red on the color spectrum.
        And black just to make it darker.
        Just work in small amounts so you don't go too far too fast.
        Now granted that doesn't include the additives we use to increase shine etc...

But that should give you a pretty realistic blood
        Kevin R. Alvey
        info at gore-galore.com
        www.gore-galore.com
        www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
        www.youtube.com/goregalore13
        www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

thanks for all the input guys. i will be definitly trying alot of those techniques. i have tried the black, but it just doesnt come out the gore blood i want. maybe mixing those other colors, that might work. oh ya man if you can find that dvd and let me know i will go order it if he explains it. thanks guys!

Comment

awsome,i have a can of raw raw sienna scenic paint,will this work?

Comment

Raw Sienna color is not right. Sorry
              IN ADDITION,
              You have to be careful of Latex based paints. They contain fillers that can damage an airbrush if you are using one.
              We use aqueious pigments, and then a base but what we end up with is highly concentrated acrylic paints and then add a binder to stick better to the latex. Then we even add other additives to pick up more shine.

So, I guess I am saying, it is not as dark. It has a reddish hue to it rather than on the brown spectrum. I also don't think it will have very good elongation. It wont stretch very well. So, it will probably crack off your latex props. But that is a great color to create a flesh color along with white that you can use to paint your corpsified buckys. Honestly,
              I don't think you could use anything better.

That would also give you a nice distressing paint for your walls in the haunt. Just brush it along the top edge and then spray it with a little water and it will create very dirty looking aged walls.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Wipp,
                Sorry I wasn't thinking

Raw Sienna is a dirty or mustard yellow
                Burnt Sienna is what I was thinking about. It is a reddish brown tint.

raw Sienna is good to help make a bright red a more natural blood color by making it a little more brownish. It counteracts the red a bit.

Sorry about the bad description.
                Kevin R. Alvey
                info at gore-galore.com
                www.gore-galore.com

sigpic

Comment

Blood

If your using something like a Geltain base always use 3 drops of blue per 5 drops of red. The blue will make it look more of a darker blood that you are looking for. Alot of the times black is too dark so go with a blue color liked youd get outta food coloring
                  Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

cool so i wanna use burnt sieanna on the walls for the dirty look?

Comment

I dont know exactly what you are working on ( type of material )....BUT
                      I have been using this very realistic color for some movie props...

go out to walmart or whatever you have locally and purchase some
                      " Scarlett " dye. This is the dye for clothes and what not. Using cotton dab it around the way you want it, ( darker for darker areas etc. ) Then when you are happy..... using a can of "gloss" clear or try different clears to see how they hold up for whatever material you are using it on
                      ( i.e. gloss clearcoat for latex etc. )

Now at first you will be extremeley happy - untill the scarlett dries ( then you will think I was pulling yer leg ) then as soon as the scarlett dye dries hit that baby with some clear ( hard n heavy ) and it will come out looking pretty nice. It will wake that scarlett dye up.... It will give it some brownish candy apple Color that I LOVE. That isnt everything I do ( but we all have to keep some secrets ) But that will send you down towards the golden brick road.

Comment

Working...
                      X