This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Association

Got this letter today from an officer of the organization.

Seems like this new association is already same old same old non-sense and proves how worthless it really is.

Amber was one of the brightest people in the organization and now she's gone. You can count me out and many others from ever even considering this group. Time to just let it die! Just my opinion!

Due to on- going unprofessional conduct by Patrick Konopelski, I request a vote from the members of the board to accept my resignation as Secretary of Haunted Attraction Association, effectively immediately. I do not believe that the leadership of this organization has been focused on its members, rather has become the personal agenda of current President. In good faith, I cannot continue to support such mis-guided endeavors.

I wish you all the best of luck this season and in the future.

Best Regards,

Amber Arnett-Bequeaith
    Vice-President
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hummmmmmmmm

Been there done that!!! Shane and it's there was a time.......Shane
    sigpic

Comment

What a complete disaster. You know with a fresh start new name and everything else you would think the new group would work towards mending all fences, bringing all the folks together, not create new personal agendas and create all new batch of enemies. I know they didn't promote Hauntcon because I heard they don't like Leonard or because he didn't join or something... that is silly.

Its just more of the same old non-sense. I think the only answer is to finally once and for all STOP supporting these things with your money so they will just get out of our hair.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Association

This is why I am not apart of it any longer.. Just don't need any association to tell me how to run a haunt. I would love to share about my 25 years of experiance in this industry but everyone seems to want to become a consultant and get paid.. This was I thought the oranization would become.. I was wrong...

Comment

I learned my lesson with IAHA nearly a decade ago. I waited to see what HHA would become before I would drop any coin or attach my haunt to something. I had hopes for HHA and with all of the big names endorsing it, there seemed to be a chance. It's a shame that so many did endorse this, because many on here look to these people for direction. Sometimes it pays to go against the grain.
          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

We paid for the professional attraction membership last year and never got anything other than a mug. Multiple calls into the president, etc.
            I got emails about safety and haunt ideas but never was listed on their site and never received any of the promised perks.
            "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
            Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
            Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Actually the thing that offends me most is the HHA website. It completely undermines the HAA as an organization, and was a major reason I was anti-HHA before the IAHA/HHA combination into the HAA.

That said, I still have question on what any of the national organizations past or present do for their members.
              sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

oh just F'n great

I am a high end home haunter hoping to go pro and I joined HAA this year at either Transworld or MHC (its all a blur) and I havent gotten anything, no letter no membership no emails. Nothing, I just thought about it last week. So I guess they just take your money and then what? i am really not sure I want to get into this with these types of people so prevelant.
                Joe Phillips
                The Shallow Grave
                Winter Haven FL
                http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Every year you hear the same song and dance about how much better its going to be, how great everything was or will be, they ask you for your money then use the organization just as was described by Amber. I got another email outlining all kinds of other non-sense related to this group. Not worth publishing.

Lets just let this stuff die off, and focus on communication between ourselves to help ourselves. People seem to be doing a good job of communicated with each other and learning without actually paying a dime. I think that might be the better avenue.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Arrrr, there seems to be too many pirates that sail these haunted waters for a Brethren Court to formed.
                    sigpic
                    Louis Brown
                    Owner, operator, and dish washer
                    at
                    DarkWood Manor

Comment

The one thing I thought would be of value is CHAOS (safety certifications), but I'm not even sure about that anymore. I'm another one who signed up last year for the HAA and haven't seen anything result from it. (I still think the HHA site needs to come down now instead of posing as a legitamate haunt organization.)
                      sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

If everyone wants to let it die off and move on why is everyone still talking about it? Just ignore it and let it go away!

Comment

One thing I use to like was Allen H posting everyday with a suppiers info for parts, material, etc. Larry, I think you should start a specific thread for Supplies Only. Then a how to project so people could share directions on building props. No one can compete with this website so why not expand the catagories.

Comment

Hha

HHA had a chance! Ben worked his ass off along with others! I gave it my blessing and supported it only to have them talk them into a merge! This was a slap in the face to Ben and the whole group who supported it!!!!!! I can see the end is near! Hey it was a good run! Shane and it's atleast the Bull Shit is over! Shane
                            sigpic

Comment

I have always tried to be positive in this industry and remain open to things.

But once again, many hard working ppl who believed in something had it turn sour. I cannot count the number of emails, questions and more I got asked when the HHa was advertising with me. I never could give a good answer either. Just a name , phone numbers and theban be told no one returned those calls.

So so sad once again. The problem is for such A tight nit industry, so many egos and personal agendas.

Oh well. At least it's haunt season, we are all scaring and IAAPA is around the corner

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                              http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                              "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                              http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Working...
                              X