Music Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Help

What is the best way to put different music in rooms with out having 15 different sterios? Right now i have only about 4 different music cause I dont want allot of sterios

Why does each room need it's own music? It would seem like that might get grating changing music that often. What if you grouped rooms and had one stereo for each group, and multiple speakers per player?
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Thats what I meant.. just didnt want to have many sterios in my control room.. was wondering if there is a way to just have one thing but player several different music to different areas of my haunt.

Originally posted by HauntedMemphis View Post
      Why does each room need it's own music? It would seem like that might get grating changing music that often. What if you grouped rooms and had one stereo for each group, and multiple speakers per player?

Comment

sound system

Computer sound systems, make sure the RMS watts is above 30 to 40 or higher if it doesent mention the RMS wattage then whatever they are advertising the sound output or however they phrase it is probably bs , then use a ceap mp3 on repeat

Comment

I know you said you didnt want alot of stereos, but, Musicians Friend has a very decent sound system for $200 with free shipping. AND if your savy, you can through an online code in when the purchase is made and get $$ off the total.
          Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Adat

Originally posted by Trail of Terror View Post
            What is the best way to put different music in rooms with out having 15 different sterios? Right now i have only about 4 different music cause I dont want allot of sterios
            I have a 24 channel Digital ADAT system I'll sell ya.
            I used only eleven channels in my haunt but worked great.
            Record a different sound on each channel, then route that channel to a powered speaker in each room, in various areas. Not alot of stereos to mess with.
            Currently 11 (up to 24) different sounds/music all in one device, all at the same time. I still have the audio I used loaded on the system.
            Plus, you just turn it on each day, hit play and it will self loop all day long till you turn it off.

The easiest sound system I ever owned. Sold my haunt so I don't need it any more.
            PM me if interested.

Thanks,
            Last edited by Tom; 10-12-2011, 01:46 PM.
            Tom
            Creator of the Dungeon
            WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Editing Music

If you have an audio editing program (I use Adobe Audition) you can create audio tracks with 2 seperate sounds, using the right channel for one sound, and the left channel for another sound, and get 2 seperate sounds from 1 stereo at one time. Another option is if you can get your hands on an audio editing program that allows you to edit audio in 5.1 surround sound, you can do 5 seperate tracks on 1 dvd. Hope this helps out!
              Justin
              The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

I'm not sure what your budget is, but what we use is this:
                First we have a standard pc (with firewire output) running a program called Sonar by Cakewalk. I believe it's used for actually producing songs and adding separate instrument tracks together(like a high tech mixing board...not sure) but it can play on a loop, and each track has the ability to be sent to a different output.

From the computer, there's a firewire cable that sends all of the digital information of those tracks to 3 digital-to-analog converters (2 are behringer Ultragain pros, can't remember what the other one is). This is where the digital signal is turned into analog, think of it like the d-a converters are just really big soundcards for the computer.

The "behringers" output to a stack of amplifiers, each amp getting two cables for two separate sounds. By setting each music track to the left or right(in the computer program), we double the amount of House sounds we can have. So, for instance, the first two rooms could be assigned to Amp1Right and Amp1Left.

Each amp then sends the sound, through a shielded audio cable(reduce electronic noise interference throughout the house), into a patchbay and then out to each room, again through a shielded cable. I made note of the cables because we still get some serious buzzing in some speakers, due to just the sheer amount of cables bunched together, not to mention all of the other electronic devices we use(walkie talkies, strobe lights, etc.)... Actually, funny little story: We can't key up a microphone around the computer monitor because it distorts the screen to the point of being impossible to see whats being displayed.

Anyway, back on topic... They way we do it is a little ... extreme... but with someone who's creative and has a little knowledge(and who loves a challenge), you can put together something similar without spending thousands of dollars.

Comment

Audio options

check this thread out to expand your options

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...0-Audio-delima!
                  Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
                  Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
                  2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

Comment

whats the website???

Originally posted by sean View Post
                    I know you said you didnt want alot of stereos, but, Musicians Friend has a very decent sound system for $200 with free shipping. AND if your savy, you can through an online code in when the purchase is made and get $$ off the total.

whats the website for the sound system???

Comment

Working...
                    X