How stupid can you be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How stupid can you be!

Its crap like this that hurts us all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - A 22-year-old man has been injured by shotgun pellets fired as part of a haunted trail attraction in Spartanburg County.

The shooting occurred Sunday night at the "Screamin' Holler" haunted trail in southwest of Cowpens.

Sheriff's Lt. Tony Ivey says the shotgun firing was part of the attraction intended to scare guests.

A sheriff's report says the man said he noticed his leg was bleeding after the shotgun blast.

Ivey says investigators have determined the shooting was an accident and no charges have been filed.

Mike Padgett with the county office of building and fire codes says the haunted trail was operating without a permit. Padgett says the operator had applied for a permit but no one was there when an inspector visited last Thursday.
    Destiny comes to those who listen...... Fate finds the rest.

We are located 30 minutes from this place and it has been all over the news and now making national news.....it is bad on the industry, but it actually helps when others get commended for meeting safety and passing inspections in the same news.....so it works both ways

Comment

This kind of stupidity also hurts gun owners. Real guns should NEVER be used as a prop of any kind, for any reason. There is no exception, there is no excuse. Don't even think about it.
      www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

second this

Originally posted by Mike Goff View Post
        This kind of stupidity also hurts gun owners. Real guns should NEVER be used as a prop of any kind, for any reason. There is no exception, there is no excuse. Don't even think about it.
        What he said.

Comment

The haunt i used to work for used loads of blank shooters... First off, they bought china brand crap that broke every 5 mins. Every actor that used one always have 3 back ups per night. What they DONT understand is they still shoot whatever is in the blank out of the barrel. At close range, near someones face or anything is extremely dangerous. I was shot in the leg and had a blood powder burn that ended up scarring....
          Jarred Alcala
          Owner
          Shattered FX

www.Shatteredfx.com
          www.Facebook.com/Shatteredfxmasks

Comment

Don't believe everything you see on TV

This Haunted trail is about 5 miles from me and I delivered material to them last saturday and took a daytime tour. They are fairly new and trying to put on a good show like every other haunted house in the country. The idea for the shot gun came from a haunted trail not far from them that shoots off a cannon. The owner did not know that the actor (who brought his own shotgun) was shooting anything but blanks. We all tell our actors to come up with new scares and we have all experienced them doing the dumbest things at the dumbest times. During my haunted trail phase I experimented with a shotgun and blanks. The first night it worked pretty good. The second night damned if I didn't have five or six shotguns going off. (You could hear the bird shot raining down). I chased them all night and never found them all. The inspection thing was blown way out of proportion. They were issued their permit and had contacted the fire marshal who like last year blew them off because they are so small.
            George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

Are you saying the owner KNEW someone brought a shotgun George?

But he just ASSumed the actor had blanks? Hey everyone; lets have a "bring your own chain saw to work night" for all actors across the nation. I am sure we will make headlines somewhere.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

For the record don't ever ask that question it gives the smucks a goal to try do something worse.
                I think Mike hit the nail on the head this is bad for Haunt Owners and Gun Owners. I mean it does not take a Genius to figure out that if you shoot up in the air Said object will come down due to this little thing most of us learned about in Grade School it's called GRAVITY!!!. As both a gun owner and a haunt actor I have to say these people need to be locked up.
                Proud to be able to work at
                http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Look at the bright side: At least they weren't "pretending" to detonate nuclear bombs!
                  www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Hahha

Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
                    But he just ASSumed the actor had blanks? Hey everyone; lets have a "bring your own chain saw to work night" for all actors across the nation. I am sure we will make headlines somewhere.

Wicked Farmer
                    LMFAO....... Now that is a great Idea

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
                      LMFAO....... Now that is a great Idea

Shawn
                      You laugh...I've seen this done at a previous haunt I worked with. Last heard this year one actor is set to bring in his shotgun. Not sure if that's still the plan as I moved on to bigger and better haunt stuff in June, but yes, I think this is commonplace in small, new haunts.
                      Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Walking on thin ice with this subject, not OK with the gun thing but chainsaws are fine by me.

You have my vote!!!

Brian

Comment

It's bad judgement on the part of a haunted house owner, but it really goes deeper than that.
                          It is never OK to point a real gun at anything, that you don't want to kill or destroy. Every discipline of firearms training in the world preaches this. Disabling a gun is not enough. If someone were to take a real gun and decomission it according to BATF specs, then it is no longer considered a gun, and that would be ok. Removing a part is not enough. I hate to get into someones business, but this kind of behavior cannot go unchecked. If someone out there is too shy to deal with this, it is completely appropriate to contact the regional NRA rep and let them know what is going on. I have no doubt that they will make sure that this type of behavior ceases. If they can't put an end to it, then they will probably contact the police. Pointing a real gun at someone is a crime, even in a theatrical setting.
                          If anyone has any doubt about using real guns in a haunt, let this be your answer. It's dumb, it's irresponsable, and it is CRIMINAL.
                          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Wait brian!

My comment on "bring your own chainsaw to work" was SATIRE! Damn I hope you were joking too.

Comment

Working...
                            X