INDIANA haunts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INDIANA haunts..

INDIANA is Re molding there Haunted House Amusement Specifications. Including Sprinkler systems being installed. There`s talks of possible grandfather claus but not likely.

would INDIANA haunts be interested in maybe starting a Petetion, for the Sprinkler system rule to be out the window?

Haunts and the state of Indiana

There is a long thread form earlier in the year you may want to read. It includes a lot of people with the perspective from many around the country with varied responses to sprinklers, mandatory or not. The sprinklers are hands down a good thing.

That said, when we were inspected for this year, we had a discussion about a dialogue between the haunt owners and the Indiana State Fire Marshall's office. Many in the industry have told me NOT to open this discussion up. The idea of opening up a big can of worms is worse than waiting to see what is set up for rules is some peoples opinion. My opinion is that if the two entities sit down and discuss any and all proposals so the haunts can be as safe as possible, with or without any mandates. The state inspector told me that their office meets with the fireworks sellers every year as well as other groups and associations. He gave me the impression that the top state official is open to dialogue. They are also surveying the haunts this year for info on many aspects of the way things are setup, history, building usage, etc.

After the season I am going to initiate such a dialogue. I feel it is better to be informed, on the same page, and have a chance to help in the development of any changes to the rules than to have it imposed without any input.

For info purpose NFPA is not used exclusively in Indiana, rather they have their own interpretation they use.

Anyone from Indiana interested in being included in this, contact me.
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I will be happy to participate.

---
      I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.930376,-85.900084
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brett Hays, Director
      Fear Fair
      www.fearfair.com

Comment

Indiana state fire marshall video on their facebook page visiting INDY Necropolis

This is a great video the Indiana Dept of Homeland Security (Fire Marshall) has on their facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/video/video....05092919504758

They have a lot of press this week on making sure customers know that the haunted house they visit has a permit and has been inspected.

Congrats to Steve Walls for his part in this.
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X