Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Haunted House Movies of All Time Check it out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Haunted House Movies of All Time Check it out...

http://www.hauntworld.com/featured_a...es_of_all_time
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry,

There is an error in your Exorcist info. The boy is from DC, actually Mt Rainier Maryland and he was sent to St Louis to a Jesuit institution because they get the extreme cases for exorcisms but the boy was from the DC area and dated in St Louis for a while until well. It was there though where the boy had a vision of the archangel Michael and all the employees heard the loud thunder clap throughout the hospital them moment the demon was driven out when the boy yelled "dominus".

DA

Comment

I've seen most of the movies listed. Personally my favorite was The Collector. I really loved Trick r Treat the first time I saw it, I've watched it since and just wasn't the same don't know why.

Comment

the collector was absolutely one of my favorites!

I've been posting and pushing this movie for a few years now. finally, someone here agrees with me. 1408, not so much...........just didn't "DO IT" for me......

Comment

I don't think THE STRANGERS or PARANORMAL ACTIVITY deserve to be on that list. There are plenty of older, better movies that are far and away better than both of those clunkers. Besides, the STRANGERS isn't really about a haunted house, it's just about killers who want to kill for no obvious reason. Rob Zombie's movie (House of 1,000 corpses) was a much better version of that theme, plus it centered around an actual haunted house (and by "actual", I mean a commercial haunted attraction).

I thought the Strangers was well done for what it was, but the ending leaves you wanting. The only thing remarkable about Paranormal Activity was the success is received based on its low budget and publicity gimmicks. It was basically like The Blair Witch Project in that way.

The original "The Haunting" was much better than both the latecomers, even by today's standards. One should never confuse real suspense with special effects or gore. (Not that The Strangers or Paranormal Activity had any real special effects.)

These things are only a matter of opinion, of course, and other might disagree, but those two movies in particular have some real problems. It's still a great list though and I plan on seeing the few on it that I haven't seen already.
          Last edited by monsterwax; 10-15-2011, 01:13 PM.
          www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

I thought 13 Ghosts should have been on the list. That was a serious haunted house with a great story of why it was haunted.

Comment

Gonna hafta check out The Collector. That's one I haven't seen;
              Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

Working...
              X