How do you get Reviewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get Reviewed

So i have been in the haunt industry now for four years, and have built what i consider an extremely good haunt. My reviews are through the roof on my facebook page. Rated number one by a someone who reviews haunts in oklahoma,best actors i have ever had, O ya and had a 300lb linebacker from OU that my actors scared so bad he fell backwards on to three other patrons. SO now the question is how do i get review from these people who put out these lists that are here on hauntworld.

What's the name of your haunt and it's website address?
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

The national rating lists don't have anything to do with how good a show you put on. It has everything to do with how good your video production is and your website. They don't visit haunts, they look at pictures and video to rate them.
      sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

His haunt appears to be the Ultimate Terrors Haunted House in Ok. city. (Nice website at: http://www.ultimateterrors.com/)
        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Yes thank you monsterwax we are Ultimate Terrors Haunted House out of Oklahoma city we are getting some great reviews on our facebook page and our website is www.ultimateterrors.com this site was updated this season chad readly outdid himself i think!

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedMemphis View Post
            The national rating lists don't have anything to do with how good a show you put on. It has everything to do with how good your video production is and your website. They don't visit haunts, they look at pictures and video to rate them.
            It also seems to have to do with who your business contacts are, how "high profile" you are in the industry, who your friends are, and whether or not you attend the right trade shows. Yes, I'm feeling cynical today, ha ha!:?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTikiEntertainment View Post
              It also seems to have to do with who your business contacts are, how "high profile" you are in the industry, who your friends are, and whether or not you attend the right trade shows. Yes, I'm feeling cynical today, ha ha!:?
              Unfortunately, your cynicism is well placed.
              sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

I agree i figured that was the case. I met his highness a couple of years ago at iaapa. Even tried to give him some advise on searchlights seen i've been in that industry going on 15 years now. It just didnt seem like he was was listening or cared to talk to me. O well i guess you got to make a splash before your worth talking to.

Comment

It's a great subject and I could go on and on about it... you need to make a lot of youtube videos about your haunt, take lots of professional photos, your website needs to be top notch, you need awesome graphics, logos, all things related to your ONLINE WORLD of promotion must be over the top. If you can't do those things its for a couple reasons...

1) You are to cheap to invest in such things which require you to hire outside companies
                  2) Your haunt just isn't good enough to make videos, photos and more out of ... if this is the case forget it.
                  3) If you haunt is good enough to create world class photos, videos and more then see point 1... pony up and do what you have to do to expand your online profile.

It really starts here and until you can get over this HUMP forget the rest.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Your right videos is something we need to work on. And are in the process of doing right now. As far as how good we are read are facebook page. This is my first year out of the last four that I own the buisness out right now. And are doing things 100% my way. As far as investment goes i know 40k on an ad budget isn't much but we are getting there.

Comment

Hey DDJR,

If I'm not mistaken, from my past conversations with John Kennedy from Haunted Attraction magazine, I believe to get into Haunted Attraction magazines "Must See" list, John will visit your attraction to determine if it's worth putting in his list. I know he has some other factors when deciding, but it might be worth inviting him or someone representing Haunted Attraction Magazine out to your attraction to consider it for next year.

As for what we do at HauntersDigest.com, when we put together our haunt list we evaluate the attraction based on a variety of factors. We evaluate the content that your haunts produces online and excitement level that you are generating for your haunt via photos, videos, etc...., if your doing anything beyond the norm of a normal haunted house (special interactions with guest, unique special effects, etc...), a visit to the attraction to see how well energetic your actors are and the level of detail in the haunt, and some other factors. If you are putting your blood sweat and tears into your haunt, then we will feature it. Not just for our list, but also on the site in our news feed. If we are ever in the OK area around Halloween, I'd love to swing by or send someone from HauntersDigest to check it out!

Hope that helps you with your questions!
                      News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                      Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Thank you very much Movierelics that was very informative, I would love to recieve a visit from someone please let me know if you have anyone close to us at any point in the season. This season my actors are the best they have ever been, and I think the comments i'm getting on facebook are reflecting that. Thanks again

Comment

Hey DDJR,

No problem. We are right now visiting haunts we are filming for our HauntersDigest.tv launch. If I can arrange for someone to get out there, I'll drop you a note and see what we can arrange, but with it already being so late in the season, I don't know if it will be possible.... but I'll let you know if something changes! Thanks for the invite though!

Comment

Originally posted by MovieRelics View Post
                            Hey DDJR,

If I'm not mistaken, from my past conversations with John Kennedy from Haunted Attraction magazine, I believe to get into Haunted Attraction magazines "Must See" list, John will visit your attraction to determine if it's worth putting in his list. I know he has some other factors when deciding, but it might be worth inviting him or someone representing Haunted Attraction Magazine out to your attraction to consider it for next year.
                            My haunt (The Dungeon) was in the Haunted Attraction "spot light" section of their 50th aniversary special addition. From the time photos where taken and the interview, it was about 3 years later it made it. Not complaining once I saw it was the special addition 50th aniversary but I was just about to give up being in there.
                            I suppose they get backed up and will take some time to get thru the others in line waiting to be put in their magazine.
                            Tom
                            Creator of the Dungeon
                            WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Sorry about that yesterday just had to rant. Realized yesterday that if it was not for larry's PR machine i would not have had the local fox station out to do a story non me and the haunt industry i general. So cudos larry keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                              X