How do you get Reviewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
    It's a great subject and I could go on and on about it... you need to make a lot of youtube videos about your haunt, take lots of professional photos, your website needs to be top notch, you need awesome graphics, logos, all things related to your ONLINE WORLD of promotion must be over the top. If you can't do those things its for a couple reasons...

1) You are to cheap to invest in such things which require you to hire outside companies
    2) Your haunt just isn't good enough to make videos, photos and more out of ... if this is the case forget it.
    3) If you haunt is good enough to create world class photos, videos and more then see point 1... pony up and do what you have to do to expand your online profile.

It really starts here and until you can get over this HUMP forget the rest.

Larry

Just curious but what does online promotion have to do with being a top rated haunt?

I could see it being more about how big their budget is, and what resources they have available to them.

I recently visited a haunt in my state that was in the top 3 (I'm being intentionally vague) and was very disappointed, especially for the distance I traveled and the price of admission. I'll agree their videos, photos and website were top notch, but how does that equate into a rating for a top notch haunt?
    Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Originally posted by evilmanor View Post
      Just curious but what does online promotion have to do with being a top rated haunt?

I could see it being more about how big their budget is, and what resources they have available to them.

I recently visited a haunt in my state that was in the top 3 (I'm being intentionally vague) and was very disappointed, especially for the distance I traveled and the price of admission. I'll agree their videos, photos and website were top notch, but how does that equate into a rating for a top notch haunt?
      I agree with you on this (best website, crappy haunt) but...

Online is what got a man in the president's chair. Of course all that online crap drove him to win and the economy going to crap. But that's another story. Now back to the topic at hand.

I chose to spend more on my props, scenery, sound and effects (it helped me sleep at night too). I let the word of mouth spread the word. I was #1 in many folks eyes and that's good enough for me.
      Tom
      Creator of the Dungeon
      WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

I must agree with Tom. It's great if you have the best of everything: size, money, staff, etc., but most of us have to prioritize resources. If you're not in a major metro-area, spending $100K on promotions is just insane. I would much rather go to a haunt that invests more in the haunt than the ads, and builds up it's audience based on word of mouth rather than hype for hire. We see examples of phony baloney advertising all the time, on store shelves, in Washington, on TV. Around here, the big haunt advertisers are nameless corps in Orlando. They are everywhere: magazines, TV, fast food, grocery store, etc etc etc. But you get there and they not only charge you out the wahzoo (to pay for all those ads), but after waiting upwards of an hour, you're pushed through in a giant line and it's over in 5 to 8 minutes. They have the resources, and that's great, but as a consumer, it's clear their priority is profit first, and passion last. That's kinda like a prostitute. They aren't doing it because they care about it, they just want your wallet. I guess I'm old fashioned, but that's just not the same. (I guess that's why we call it Whorelando.)
        www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
        X