An Incredible Missed Opportunity!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Incredible Missed Opportunity!!

YES! Tonight just a very few minutes ago with no house tour happening suddenly an almost deafening chorus just a few feet away from the north side of this house erupted ! The tour does loop around the backyard and I was imagining what any house customers may have thought if they had been back there , walking in the dark when those numerous coyotes began "singing"?
    Out our north door a mere 20 feet, the little cliff drops straight down across a verticle rock face for about 30 feet then the ground runs about another 60 feet out to the bank of the creek and there are only woods and rocks across the creek from us. It's a wild place sometimes.
    ..and it's VERY Dark out there tonight!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

We get the "coyote chorus" nearly every night around here. Can't swing a cat without hitting a hungry coyote in these parts.

Comment

I feel their singing is pretty neat, when I hear it from at least 150 feet away, not 30.
      I am not a groupie, I want no autographs and I wouldn't knowingly sit this close to those big speakers on the stage!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We too have many coyotes around the farm. I love to hear their "night song." One day, when the haunted winery opens, I am counting on them as key performers.

My son has the unique talent of being able to match their howls almost exactly. He will go out in the front yard and call to them and he will get answers from all directions. It is very cool.

Dave
        Lords of Chaos, LLC
        House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

coyotes out here as well. fraid of getting a cat for that reason.
          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Just get yourself a reall BIG CAT and solve the problem before it begins.
            I wonder if you parked the Oscar Meyer Weinie mobile there if the coyotes would chew the fenders off of it?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Only if it had been treated with "New Weiner Smell"
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Joe Dog Chime In:

One of our dogs is 1/2 Coyote (Coy-Dog, vet calls it)
                Not a good breed health wise but makes for an eerie sound when a siren goes by. She is not a barker but more a howler.

Her and the Huskita (Husky-Akita mix) sound off like a pack of wolves for the fire dept down the street
                http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

So when a guy would say to a girl, "Don't be "coy" with me."
                  Was he questioning her genetics? Calling her a "Dog?"
                  I have heard some coyotes sound like a woman screaming.
                  I would never allow any wife of mine to run with that pack!
                  (Too hard on their knees!)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X