Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone have a problem with a vendor this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone have a problem with a vendor this year?

I can honestly say no I did not... we however did not work with many vendors but whatever problems we did have got corrected quickly. Kudos to Dark Raven, our snake got ripped and he sent me another one FEDEX and his animations are working like a champ. His BOA is scaring the hell out of people at my place. Again we did not work with many different vendors this year but we did not have any problems.

How did everything go for you guys?

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

No haunt vendors, but allstatebanner ripped me off. Luckily, it was for a VERY small amount of money. Still makes me mad though because they will not communicate with me on it.
    Jared Layman

Comment

printer problems

We had Adco printing (Tampa, FL) do our coupons for the last four years and this year the guy handling the order screwed up and didn't ship them in time for Pepsi to get them distibuted until after our first weekend.

Then the shipper expediter they used subcontracted it out to a carpet warehouse doing third party shipping as an extra. It was a mess trying to get them the last hundred miles. We ended up having half of them picked up by a third party and delivered while waiting for the other half. Took five days for that last hundred miles.

They were willing to cut part of the shipping bill but we haven't settled yet. The lost opportunity of not having the coupons is not measurable.

Coupon usage is down 75% at this point half way through the season. Total sales are down too a little.

Re-evaluating printers, timing, etc for next year already.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

I actually worked with a lot more vendors this year (since we actually opened this year instead of just getting stuff to experiment with before opening).

Most vendors communicated well, shipped on time, and were a good experience to deal with. After reading so many horror stories, I honestly expected a lot worse.

We did have a couple of problems:

1) We were making a couple of custom animatronic crows. The crows ordered at Transworld (I thought those would be an easy item!) didn't show up until late September. We ended up having to use static props instead of the animated ones due to the delay, which was actually quite a disappointment since our crows play a key role in the show. (They still have been popular, but it just isn't the same as the original vision.)

2) We bought a second hand tent from another haunt. Although it was advertised as "like new" it had a couple dozen holes and tears in it, and was missing a tent pole. We lost a couple days of setup time (on a VERY tight schedule) patching and making our own center post to get the tent up for this season. Hopefully some of this will be dealt with after the season when things calm down.

3) On another second hand deal, a cable was missing for some electronics. We were promised the cable would come, but haven't seen it to this point. We'll follow up after the season.

As I said overall though, we've had great service almost every vendor, haunt industry or not haunt industry that we have dealt with. I hope that trend continues.
        Last edited by HauntedMemphis; 10-19-2011, 10:52 AM.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

yes and no

Already praised the good ones elsewhere...and took issue with a couple. Actually took it much easier on one on forum than I could have. But posting inside cover of their catalog and my invoices... info that related to my problem from them 2 separate years was overkill. I was content to bring up issue with them on forum several times instead of slam dunking exhibit A & B like making a court case out of it. Besides the vendor said I was mentally unstable and had no time to deal with my kind and to never contact them again.

Kudos to Night Frights all around great products; service; billing, shipping & invoice cross refeerncing even.
          Wicked Farmer

Comment

Larry...you didnt have any problems?.....Nightscream studios...panels.. Hmmmmmm. I recall you having an issue or two lol.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

I thought he said his panel order was originally a 2010 order and it just still hadn't been settled? I could be wrong though.
              Jared Layman

Comment

I have a problem with any vendor that can not return a call or email within 5 days. No excuses and I don't care how many haunts you have. Don't go to the show if you can't fill orders. Bad orders cost us a lot of money in a season that has turned out to be the best we have ever seen from the retail side. Needless to say I am pissed. It really doesn't make much sense to me because if everyone did half as good as we did this year companies will be going to Transworld with deep pockets next year. Why alienate buyers. Your loss. Hope they have really good terms for 2012.
                Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Allan,

You had to bring that up... you know when you are treated like that I've decided to wash my hands completely. I'd just rather move on and focus on something positive. Yes are you right about that so yeah I guess I was mistaken. However sticking to the things we did PAY FOR and things we received everything seems to be holding up nice.

I hope this year or should I say coming year, the vendors try harder to REACH OUT to their clients and find OUT WHAT WE WANT so they don't make what they think we want... I thought the 2011 TW show was horrible overall in terms of seeing stuff I would want to buy. Some companies need to try and think harder and try to be more original, try something new, think outside the box more.

I hope this years show is better than last years show... this is why I for the most part have my new stuff CUSTOM made so I can get exactly what I WANT.

I've already called some vendors and I've already got several new things going.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Dr. Frankenscents BEWARE

Dr. Frankenscents I had to go to PayPal and place a claim to get my money back. NEVER USE THEM BEWARE

Comment

Unfortunately, yes

I bought one of Tate Steiniek's (Ill Willed) masks while at Transworld. Paid in cash, got my reciept and a card. I was super excited about the mask. It was the first mask I ever bought. Never got it. I've emailed him about 3 times with no reply. I assume he's just busy with all the awesome stuff he's been up to, but a reply would have been appreciated. I was really looking forward to having that amazing costume this year. I'm hoping after the season is done I can manage to get in touch with him.
                      sigpic
                      Catie Mahfouz
                      Blood Ink Writing Service
                      www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

I take it back! I just got an email from Holli saying they needed my address. Thank you facebook for allowing flawless communication where email apparently fails.
                        sigpic
                        Catie Mahfouz
                        Blood Ink Writing Service
                        www.hauntwriter.com

Comment

Working...
                        X