Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What prop controller do you use and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What prop controller do you use and why?

We are playing with a few styles of prop controllers and was wondering what you guys prefer? We have a couple maestro 2s and we love the simplicity but wish it had more outputs. We have 1 prop 1 controller but find it very hard to program but we love the cost and number of outputs. We even have a gilderfluke with 40 outputs that we bought for our elevator we built. It will be awesome for that but it was over $1000.00 and we ended up using a maestro to just get it going for opening week. It worked awesome. Your advice is welcome and appreciated. I do not want to be a computer programmer to run these things. People like me because I can lift heavy things.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

The fright ideas controllers are great. You can find them on the frightprops website.

http://www.frightprops.com/controlle...ntrollers.html

If you need any assistance with complicated or extensive programming of your scenes/props, just let us know!
    Best,
    Bill Rod
    Dark Tech Effects
    Last edited by beardedbil; 10-19-2011, 10:46 AM.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

X2 on FrightIdeas controllers
      Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it… Autograph your work with excellence!

Comment

Again...Fright Ideas/Fright Props Boo Boxes. Great product, and tech support is AAA !

Comment

Fright props boo boxes also love them!

Comment

Transitioning to all Prop1's at our place. Once you get a handle on BASIC they are so powerful for the cost.
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

I have been using all EFX-TEK products, mostly the Prop-1, since 2006. This year we built a new haunt, and I needed an audio system, so I installed 32 of their AP-16 audio boards to give me 64 channels of audio. That's a speaker in every room with separate control. That's in addion to all the prop-1's, prop-2's, EZ-3's, and everything else.

They are not for everyone, because they do need to be programmed, but they make controllers like the EZ-8 and the new EZ-3 micro for people who want super reliable controllers without the programming. I swear by my EFX-TEK controllers.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Prop controllers used

We have used a number of controllers. Maestro II and vari-pets from Cowlacious http://www.cowlacious.com/categories/Prop-Timers/. I will be working with Picoboo controllers next year.
                Scaring the yell out of them
                Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Comment

Prop controllers used

I have recently purchased (2) nerve centers made by Monster guts. These are great controllers to use and can incorporate sound with a variety of arrangements.

I highly recommend these. The Maestro II is easy to use also, but, an extra audio device needs to be pruchased.
                  Owner/operator of

Comment

The Ravens Grin Prop Controller

.. is my right hand.
                    Holding a steel cable or a lever, or a small radio-remote control or a simple electrical switch, just like everyone has to turn on their front room ceiling light with.
                    I forgot. A couple of push buttons too.
                    Plain store bought motion switches control a few small noise making things and a couple of lights.. that's it.
                    I was forced to do things this way when the wiring harness to my Oui-Ja board melted on Friday the 13th!
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What controllers to use

Here's an update. I have wired in my PicoBoo's and Nerve Centers. I must say that I am very pleased with these. These are stand alones and don't need any computers to program and operate.

These are very simple units.
                      Owner/operator of

Comment

Prop controller

Thanks Guy's. I am going to use a mix of Prop 1's and Pica Boos depending on the scene. Both seem to have their place. Have a great season.

Buck
                        Capt.Chaos
                        Fear Asylum Haunted House
                        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

pica boo's & more

While I have never used any other controller, I've never wanted/needed too. Travis with fright props makes AWESOME products & stands behind them. Personally I NEVER had any problem with one of is units & after talking to him I feel like if I did..... he would take care of it... just my 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                          X