Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEST FOG MACHINE CURRENTLY OUT THERE ($200 dollar price range) max....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEST FOG MACHINE CURRENTLY OUT THERE ($200 dollar price range) max....

need a ground hugging fog machine without using dry ice. I see FROGGY'S FOG has a special fluid for low lying fog. Any feedback or recommendations on a quality machine would be helpful. Thank You !!!

anybody ?

really need some help here. tired of even LOOKING at these cheap, $25 dollar, garbage 400 watt, throw away every year fog machines from walmart and target. american DJ has unit that is 1,000 watts, but I hear the quality is not so good. if you view this, please just give me something to go on, please. thanks very much !!!!!

Comment

Chuck~

If you want LOW LYING FOG you WILL need to chill it.

Froggys fog is GOOD STUFF.. but what I have found is that IT STILL needs to be chilled.

If you want good vfoggers ifg found Chauvet to be the most reliable.

HOWEVER .. even the cheap(20$ or so ones) WILL last you, for YEARS if you maintain them correctly .. I have multiple foggers of multiple ages(some upwards of 6 years) and "pedigrees"(Weal-Mart to Chauavet) and as long as I have taken care of them as far as.. off season storage, and when geting ready for the season, they have worked like a charm so far.

Take care of your equipment (cheap or expeensive) and it will do alright for ya.

Good luck.
      ~LoneWolf

Comment

I have both American DJ Fog Storm 1200 and 1700 models and have never had a problem with either. Ive had them over 6 years now and they still work like the day I bought them. And I never do anything other than empty them out at the end of the season.

I owned one Chavet (1300) and will NEVER buy one again. The unit lasted me one season and then bit the dust.

Comment

One nice things about American DJ: All the parts on their machines are replaceable.... When I called Chavet about their machine I had that died, they told me there was no way to service the unit I had....

Comment

Thanks, guys for the input..................

probably gonna play it safe and go with a high- power unit (over 1,000 watts at least) thanks for the tips on the low lying fog. I once had a fog machine that was a drum (with a giant heater core) with a basket which held dry ice (50 pounds) and had a fan and a hose. worked great for about 5 minutes. that's it !!!! then, refill and heat the water all over again. good for one shot. loved the floor hugging fog effect. it was the best ever. just not practical and cost effective.

Comment

The Chauvet Hurricane series are fantastic. I love the lighted tank so you can tell at a glance when they need filling. Of course, Froggy's juice... worth every penny.
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

BRETT..... CHAUVET...... dependable ??????? parts problems?

others here have listed that parts are hard to get and shotty performance is the rule....Resulting in poor overall, hard working quality. please advise me on YOUR experiences with CHAUVET products, if you would. thanks!!! I just want to TRY to make the BEST choice in this price range. ($200.00-$300.00)

Comment

Id love to hear about Brett's experience with Chavet as well...

Comment

I've worked with professional DJ and club lighting and fx for YEARS and I am a big fan of Eliminator and American DJ, Chauvet is ok But their lights are much better than their foggers.

If I was you, invest in a couple 1000watt Eliminator Lighting foggers, SpencersOnline had a sale at the beginning of the summer buy one get one half off, and for $90 I got 2 1000watt Eliminator Foggers with timers, and they're both being used right now in our haunt and I piped it so we have one machine filling an entire 18,000sq ft warehouse with Swamp Juice, and the other machine is being used in our smaller building where our satanic cult and graveyard is, right before our redneck area that then leads into the main warehouse. We don't use fog in building 3, it's an old insane asylum in an old office building, so there's really no need for fog.

As far as chilling goes, just use a trash can and pex tubing that you can wind around inside the rash can, fill it with ice and you should last all night, I'd still use swamp juice with a chiller, because it lasts longer and allows us to go through less juice (more cost effective) than if we used the low lying juice because it dissipates quicker, swamp juice can still be chilled and last fairly long and slowly rises making a really great haze to accent lighting.

That's my two cents, hope I was useful!

Comment

Oh, and shipping was free lol

Comment

thanks, Bobby...........

ELIMINATOR is that a "BRAND" or manufacturer ? I have some of Larry's Old haunted house tapes from years ago (maybe even "How To Create Your Own Haunted House parts 2&3", and he mentions a certain BRAND he would put up against ANYBODY (fog machine-wise).... I'll have to try to dig out those old tapes and view them once again. Larry and JIM only bought good stuff. Thank you for YOUR suggestions as well. I'll check them all out. thank you again for the opinions and information, Bobby. Much appreciated !!!!

Comment

if anyone sees any AFTER HALLOWEEN DEALS on a quality piece...............

please, let me know..... need it for next year. thanks for all the input. chuck

Comment

Spencer's online doesn't seem to offer ANY fog machines anymore... just the juice. I wonder if they sold out or just got out of that biz.
                            www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Target had fog juice 75% off on tuesday.(not sure of the quality)

They need to clear the shelves for holiday stuff. Shelf space is a premium..... Out the door quick with all the halloween stuff. Thank for the info !!!! Appreciate it.......

Comment

Working...
                              X