Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing!!

GREAT JOB LOVE IT!
    How do you get enough power to run your scare sounds and ambient sound tracks off 12v?
    I know you can use pico boo with a built in 40 watt amp for some prop scare sounds but if its Unit 70 i know they use Gilderfluke and that would trigger an mp3 player (SD-10).
    How do you amplify sound using 12v?
    And do you use any fog machines with 12v?
    Very curious?
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

Comment

this is a really nice trailer haunt.

Comment

How do you get enough power to run your scare sounds and ambient sound tracks off 12v?

Well again, im using 3 deep cycle marine batterys, they are good for 130 amp hours. There are 2 voltage regulator boxes in the control room, which take whatever the batterys are outputting (which can be anywhere from 10V to 13.6V depending on state of chage) and converts it to 12.5V exactly. Each line running through the trailer is a 10 guage stranded power wire, it runs 53' down the trailer, plus about 10-20' to the power distribution box depending on how far away the trailer is from the control room (in trailer 1). The loss down that run is minimal, so you will have just under 12V at the very end of the run. As far as power/current, each trailer COULD pull 40A down that wire, but they dont, each trailer draws about 3-4A total in operation! Ambient sound tracks are running off a Boo Box with built in amp, and there are either 3 or 4 speakers throughout EACH trailer, that run off this boo box, the level of the audio is more than acceptable.

I know you can use pico boo with a built in 40 watt amp for some prop scare sounds but if its Unit 70 i know they use Gilderfluke and that would trigger an mp3 player (SD-10).

Yes, so Boo Boxes for most props where possible, sometimes i might replace a guilderfluke with a boo box just for convienience. However some of the unit 70 gilderfluke stuff is 24V, so thats simple, its a $15 part that steps 12V to 24V so i can run all the gilderfluke equipment. As far as audio, i have a solution for that to, the gilderfluke units without an amp (just a line level output) run into some 12V powered speakers i built using a car audio speaker and a motorcycle audio amplifier. They motorcycle amps are tiny and do a decent job of running 1 4.5" speaker. Again, these are 12V.

How do you amplify sound using 12v?

See above, basically with 12V powered speakers, and built in amps on boo box controllers.

And do you use any fog machines with 12v?

I dont use any no, they do exist, but im not a huge fan of fog machines to begin with. The only real place where they can work in this haunt and make sense is the freezer room, but i opted not to. My obvious concern is with the power draw of a fog machine heater. Right now as i said above, in operation each trailer only pulls 3-4A at a time (which is crazy right?!?!?) simply because all of the LED lighting, and boo boxes running the props and audio.

Very curious?

Hope i answered your questions. I met you at transworld, i LOVED the butcher table, i really wanted one, but i recall it not being 12V i know it could be converted if need be. Maybe next year!
        Shawn
        Fear Engineer
        HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Oh I remember you now Shaun. I remember our exact conversation about this too.
          I use 24v boo boxes for anything over 1 channel.
          You could use your step up adapter for that. BUT....
          The only problem is the powered speakers i supply are 110v.
          I love that the whole haunt runs on 12v. TOO COOL!
          Thanks again for sharing your great work!
          CONGRATS!
          sigpic
          PEACE, ADAM
          www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Hey Adam. Thanks for the compliments! And yeah, it would be easy to relplace your 110V speakers with 12V DC ones. Maybe i will have to get one of your butcher tables next year if you can give me a deal!
            Shawn
            Fear Engineer
            HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Love it! Super clean and efficient!

I'm wondering what your hourly max guest through-put is?

I'm mulling the possibility of adding a 3-d trailer attraction...
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

great job ! great photos !!!!!

continued success to our friends up North. Looks like a nice, neat, package with all the eye-candy and detail needed. continued success !!!!

Comment

Hey Zombietoxin, We are open from 6-11 and can do about 1400 guests.Thats 280 per hour. HOWEVER, we have a 40 second "live seance" intro in the first room, thats how we space the groups out. If you had a shorter delay you could increase throughput.

Chuck, thanks, i think thats a good way of putting it, a small but effective package thats modular.
                  Shawn
                  Fear Engineer
                  HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Great Detail

Best detail for a trailer haunt. Nice work Shawn

Comment

Thanks paul! Glad you could come out!
                      Shawn
                      Fear Engineer
                      HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

it turned out AWESOME!

the most rewarding part about my job is seeing the amazing photos our customers take...
                        Shawn, can i steal a couple of these photos and post them to our darklight facebook page? if you have a facebook page, i can link it back.

Thanks!

- Quan
                        sigpic
                        The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

Of course Quan, take em!
                          Shawn
                          Fear Engineer
                          HauntedHouse.ca

Comment

Working...
                          X