Connecticut thinking of changing the date of Halloween!! YES REALLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut thinking of changing the date of Halloween!! YES REALLY

Just goes to show you everything has to be about sales. Maybe Xmas should be in July when it's safer to travel out too? Oh then don't forget Hanukkah too.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/...59/?dailybrief

Oddly enough, I kind of like this idea...seems like it would make for a better overall Halloween. When it's on a Monday night, nothing interesting seems to happen, but when it falls on a Friday or Saturday, it always seems a bit crazier.
    Might be a good potential to boost your attendance too. You could do a lights-on "trick or treat" show for the kids until the sun goes down, and when the sun goes down you open for business.

Comment

Yeah...I actually think that's pretty neat as far as making it legal, it's just easier, but I'll always do something on the 31st anyway.

Comment

Yeah screw tradition let's do what is easier and/or more profitable for everyone.

Comment

don't change a damn thing (offically !)

hasn't government ruined enough? if you want to trick or treat on a weekend, so be it. go do it. if halloween is MONDAY, then it's MONDAY. period. the whole weekend around here will be open with homes giving out candy and doing lawn displays with actors and stuff any way. leave the tradition alone.

Comment

I'm in favor of the change. Won't really effect our show one way or the other, but I see the concern.
            O'Shawn McClendon
            Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Two Words. "Sell Out" Keep Halloween actually on Halloween
              Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Halloween is and should always be on the last day of October and if it was to change it would hurt the entire Haunted House industry and the costume retail industry... as they do a lot of sales after the last Saturday of the month.

DUMB!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I sent that goof an email... here it is below!

If you actually did your research on Halloween you would know that saying things like moving Halloween to the last Saturday is good for the economy is actually dead wrong. There isn't a worse idea in the WORLD!

1) This would be bad for the haunted house industry which needs all 31 days of October to survive.
                  2) Last Saturday is NOW an ADULT night... this is the night when adults who drive the Halloween retail economy go to costume parties, and spend lavish on the affairs.
                  3) Last Saturday is the night when ALL night clubs, bars, and restaurants and everything between hold their costume parties and make tons of money for their business.

Point 2 and 3 would prohibit adults from enjoying the holiday if they had to take their kids trick or treating, hence would or could potentially damage the economy by billions of dollars nationwide. Halloween is now a 8 billion dollar industry mostly driven by ADULTS who attend parties, decorate their yards and more.

4) Saturday is already busy for all the haunted houses, amusement parks, and pumpkin patches and more... by moving Halloween to this Saturday is like putting a dagger right into their hearts... because after that Saturday all retailers, pumpkin patches and more continue to do great business after the fact up and until Halloween.

5) Lastly you are simply trying to RUIN a traditional that doesn't need fixing... Halloween is a huge boost to the economy as a whole and is now only second to Christmas and growing every single year. You should not tamper with something not broken. Trick or Treating should stay on any night but Saturday or for that matter Friday. Its fine the way it is.
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I agree with Larry, why mess with something that is working. Halloween is and always should be on the 31st!!!!

Just sayin.

Wayne

Comment

You sent my lawmaker an email??? LOL

Halloween is a celebration of those who have past and the treats were to pay for prayers not cavities. If you wanna change a holiday change XMAS then longer daylight hours more people off due to the summer break, and safer to drive without all the snow and ice. They wanna really just sell more candy and crap to kids who are already overweight.

Comment

Thats awesome!!

Comment

Furthermore; It is amazing that this is even being focused on. The economy is in the tank and this is all they can come up with? If you are waiting for an economic recovery -I hope you are not holding your breath!

Comment

Hahahaha that's great, both Larry's and Brandon's haha but idunno, there's arguments that can and will always be made on both sides of the fence, I don't see a reason to change it but I'm not about to start an angry mob with torches and pitchforks if the dopes in the monkey suits wanna make legalities of it.

Hey so anyone wanna switch the topic over to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein? My college professor is having us read it and I have a 10 page paper due on it...help? Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
                              Hey so anyone wanna switch the topic over to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein? My college professor is having us read it and I have a 10 page paper due on it...help? Haha.
                              Ouch!

They need to focus on efficiency and progress. The Circus members aka Congress in D.C. make 174k yearly to do nothing and the top 3 members are worth 300mil each. I'd rather trade them all for more teachers, police, and firefighters. We'd be the safest, most educated, fire free country on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X