Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HauntedPaws View Post
    Ouch!

They need to focus on efficiency and progress. The Circus members aka Congress in D.C. make 174k yearly to do nothing and the top 3 members are worth 300mil each. I'd rather trade them all for more teachers, police, and firefighters. We'd be the safest, most educated, fire free country on the planet.

Well, as you probably know, teachers, police and firefighters are the exact people they threaten to cut first when faced with budget crisis? OR you could just send them more money and everything will be okay until they eventually piss it all away/give it to their friends. It's the same old crap, but somehow it continues to work

Personally, I think it is a shame what has happened to Trick or Treating since I was a kid and changing the date is just another step in that direction. I guess I should just be happy for the experience I had

Comment

I'm kinda tired of lawmakers trying to regulate, interfere with, and control every little aspect of life. First they'll change the date, then they'll start tweaking what you can and can't pass out as trick or treat food, then they'll want to control what you can dress up as. It sounds impossible, and yet, there they are trying to fool around with the actual date, and the White House is actually pressing for no candy but "fruits and raisins" for trick or treats. (I guess I won't be trick or treating in D.C. this year...)

I guess we should feel lucky they haven't passed a gift tax on all the free candy kids get. They would justify it as being "for the children" because it would reduce childhood obesity.

The government had nothing to do with the creation of Halloween, let's not let them have anything to do with the destruction of it.
      www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Trick or Treating is dying in my neighborhood. Less and less people participating every year. Something like this would probably help.

Comment

Changing the date of Halloween..

Keep the freaking government out of Halloween!

Comment

Working...
          X