Why does hauntworld go down so much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does hauntworld go down so much?

Seems once a day it's either an untrusted site or the database blows up????

no sponsership for the servers...................

remember, they cost money !!!!!! someone has to pay for it. so far, it's uncle larry and gentleman jim !!!!!!(the kings of hauntworld !!!)

Comment

That isn't true at all... it went down one day this year. The site is running super fast. It went down because some people from Amazon.com tried to upgrade my server and in doing so they had to turn off the site, when they went to turn it back on it they couldn't get it to work. They ruined my server. That is the only issue. I had to have my programmers re-upload the server.

Outside of that one day there hasn't been an issue this year not once. FYI... Hauntworld.com did about 100,000 visits on Saturday worked perfect the whole day, another 65,000 on Sunday no problems. I'm expecting about 250,000 visits this weekend. Hauntworld.com is well on its way to nearly 2 million visits in October alone, and about 5 million for the year. If it went down one day sorry that isn't good enough.

Lastly as for what Chuck said... we do sell advertisement and it does NOT cover the expenses of this website. We added google ads but that doesn't amount to much maybe $3k for the October season, I could get more if I put the banners and google ads on the tops of my pages and everywhere else like other sites do but I won't.

We'll have to figure out a way to help pay for all the expenses of this site that is something I need to figure out going forward. The good news however is we are sending haunted houses record numbers of traffic... and we plan to send even more well into the future.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I'll send you screenshots then. It's been listed an untrusted site this week and I've gotten several ruby rail errors this month alone? Mostly during the afternoons maybe someone is trying to hack you with an exploit?

Comment

Working...
        X