Online Ticketing Feedback Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Ticketing Feedback Request

We've used the same online ticketing company for many years; however, each year I like to hear back from others to get your feedback on who you used and why and to see if we should be moving in a new direction with our online ticketing. I'm asking now because your experience with the companies you use are fresh in your minds, even as exhausted as they may be right now! I'd love to hear your experiences and feedback over the next few weeks for those who have time. In a few weeks if this thread is buried, I may resurrect it again to solicit additional responses. Thanks for your time!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Hi Kel!

We use TicketLeap for online sales. Why - simple setup, no contracts and no need for a merchant account. All fees paid by customer.

For box office and merchandise sales we use SquareUp on iPads. Why - same reasons as above plus reasonable merchant fees.
    Kevin
    MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Thanks Kevin. Is an Internet connection required on site to use their services? I looked into their service before, but I don't recall. Thanks again and I hope you guys are experiencing a hugely successful season!

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Thanks Kel! Hope your season is doing well too!

Yes, internet connectivity is required for both products.
        Kevin
        MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

paypal

This year we just used paypal and let them bring the receipt to the ticket booth to a will-call and get their actual ticket stubs. This worked out good because it doesn't charge the customer anything extra to process it and it only charges us the normal credit card fee of something like 3%. We are fairly small and just starting up, however there are no fees, no setup, no nothing.....so it worked great for us but we only had about 5% of sales bought online so far. Each receipt has a code on it and they email you everytime someone purchases tickets with an email and name and you can verify their name and code where it can't be used but once. If we every get really big we may do something else, but our customers didn't like the idea of having to pay a processing fee etc. and we didn't like the idea of having to pay out $2-3 a ticket for a service.

Comment

We've used several online ticketing options in the past and this year decided on Ticket Leap. It has been amazing! Simple design, easy setup and push notifications to my inbox to let me know how many tickets have been sold and to what attractions. It also enables you to install trackback codes for any promotions you may run so you can tell which sites and promotions work best for you. For our box office we moved strictly to cash only as to avoid the high cost of credit card fees. We bought an ATM Machine that accepts all credit cards, debit cards, gift cards and more. This system has been more then effective and has alleviated much stress in our box office as well as accounting at the end of the night. The line now moves faster than ever and the public seems to love the cash only system. We've seen an increase in merchandise because of it. This is what seems to work for us.
            Daniel Burnett
            PR/Operator
            Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
            13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
            whenhingescreak.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it! Anyone else have feedback on the service you used and your experience? Thanks again!

Kel
              sigpic
              Kelly Allen
              www.RaycliffManor.com
              www.HauntBook.com

Comment

We use Ticketleap for the same reasons MindWerkKMG does plus i'd like to add how easy they are to work with. If I change my mind last min or think of something new I want to try it's never a hassle or big deal to them nor do they charge me for it. You give them your info and in about 1/2 a day your selling tickets. Also they now have Apps for Iphone and Android phones so you can redeem tickets with those and not need internet, or if you get busy you can have a few people checking them in. I tell everyone talk to them and try them out.

Robert Dudzieck
                All Seasons Entertainment LLC
                Fright Factory ( Philadelphia, PA )
                Dead Zone ( Wildwood, NJ ) Coming Summer 2012

Comment

TicketLeap is a great company to work with and I've heard nothing but good things about them. Plus, if your looking to use them at the box office, they also have their recently launched Box Office Platform. You can check out the press release here for more info.

If you are interested in learning more, click here or give a call over to Lee George at TicketLeap.
                  News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
                  Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Ticket Leap Vs. Clearcut

I've pushed for onlines sales for the last three years. This year we finally made the leap...no pun intended!!

Ticketleap has been extremely easy to use. My only wish is they had a blackberry app seeing as a lot of our staff are BB users...we have iPhone and Droid users too who have "checked-in" tickets at the door. We've always been a cash only even and still remain that way at the box office with our own atm set-up outside. The only thing I don't like but deal with are the $2 fees on EACH ticket rather than a "percent per trans" type charge. At first we passed the cost onto customers in whole when we ran the $10 pre-sale promo cause it was only $1 but when we went back to our $13 ticket and the fee leaped, we decided to semi-bite the bullet by making our ticket $14 online and therefore "splitting" the fee with customers. Seeing as most our business is box-trans, it's not too big of a loss...

In terms of a simple sign-up, set-up, and go type system TICKETLEAP is awesome. We bought the Clearcut Systems software after transworld but it's still in the box. Not sure how to set that up to be honest. Thought it was just gonna be purchase, install, go...but it hasn't proven to be that way :/ Maybe we can get it going for 2012 unless someone wants to buy it from us?? haha
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

We're on board with Ticketleap as well. We use them only for the online ticket purchase and no Internet connection is need on our part. We have been extremely pleased with them. I spent some time last year doing some online marketing, etc and came accross our information and found that Ticketleap actually put our info out through various websites. That aold me on them for years to come, the previous vendor simply hosted the ticket sales, where Ticketleap actually promoted the haunt.
                      Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

Comment

Awesome feedback! Thanks so much! I'll definitely be talking to Lee at Transworld if they attend, or I'll be getting in touch with them early next year! Thanks again!

Kel
                        sigpic
                        Kelly Allen
                        www.RaycliffManor.com
                        www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Hey Kelly,

I LOVE the idea of soliciting feedback while it's fresh in people's minds - That just makes sense. I also agree that it's really important to thoroughly research vendors.

TicketLeap is crazy dedicated to haunters and we've been very successful for our haunt clients, but we're not for every haunted attraction. Typically, TicketLeap has been most successful with haunts that are concerned that they're not fully leveraging social avenues (Facebook, Twitter, etc) to increase sales, others are frustrated that their current system does not provide a truly self-sufficient, easy-to-use platform and some haunts are simply striving for a more efficient, streamlined onsite process (real-time smartphone scanning, POS sales, etc).

TicketLeap's model is unique in that we don't make any money, unless the haunt makes money - So we're in this together. It's a partnership where TicketLeap works tirelessly to provide an innovative product that's focused on increasing sales and making lives easier.

Kelly, don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with any specific questions - or of course I'm always open to grabbing a drink at one of the shows

All the best, - Lee

PS: A big shout out to Folklore, Reindeer Manor, Fright Factory, Hall of Horrors, HauntApps and Well's Township Haunted House - Congrats on all your hard work this season, and here's to a KILLER Halloween weekend!
                          sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

Thanks Lee. I believe the reason we haven't used your services in the past was because we believed we would need an Internet connection on site at the attractions. Because of the remoteness of our location, we don't have this. As a matter of fact we have a terrible time with even our cell phone reception. We do, however, have our credit card system connected to the phone lines. At any rate, I do look forward to speaking with you! Thanks!

Kel

P.S. We've used online ticketing for approximately 6 years now. We're just looking to make a change of service provider next year.
                            Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 10-27-2011, 09:18 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Kelly Allen
                            www.RaycliffManor.com
                            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

I would have suggested to you, [MENTION=4034]Raycliff Manor[/MENTION], the MiFi from Virgin Mobile. We don't have a hardwired phone line at our location and therefore no internet through such means. We purchased the Virgin Mobile pay-as-you-go Mobile broadband and it works well enough for us to check in our ticketleap customers via the browser-based POS. Since it's essentially internet through a cell service (sprint) it's a bit spotty in terms of fast connection speeds.

Thanks for the shout out FROG ZOMBIE !! Your product is great !!
                              Last edited by freak 'n' stein; 10-27-2011, 10:21 AM.
                              O'Shawn McClendon
                              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Working...
                              X